Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Accidentally Deleted A File?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:36 AM

Just did a test run and it checked through all my drives and could recover files from 2 years ago, so may benefit someone.

http://www.fileslost.com/

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,302 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 07 May 2008 - 07:01 PM

Under Terms and Conditions Of Use item #4

DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING.- The service provider informs you that in certain products and/or services, it may use data collection technology to collect technical information to improve the products, to provide associated services, to adapt them to user preferences and to prevent the unlicensed or illegal use of the product. You accept that the service provider may use such information as part of the Services provided. The user acknowledges and accepts that the service provider may provide updates or additions to the software which automatically download to his/her computer.

Similarly, for the purpose of the provision of the Services, you may have to give the service provider certain personal data. The service provider informs you that it will treat such personal data in accordance with current applicable legislation and as established in its Privacy Statement.

:thumbsup: Not sure I'm all that okay with that. A little too vague and intrusive for my comfort level.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 09 May 2008 - 02:49 AM

:thumbsup: Not sure I'm all that okay with that. A little too vague and intrusive for my comfort level.

Indeed. If I need to recover files I usually use Recuva or Restoration. Still trying to get EXT2Grep to work though...

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 09 May 2008 - 02:50 AM.

#4 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 09 May 2008 - 03:22 AM

This is really weird. LOL

I have never had occasion to use a programme like this, but today I decided to clean up a partition on one of my USB drives. I backed it up before working on the original but still somehow managed to lose 2 very important folders.

I am very pleased to be able to say that RESTORATION found everything I needed with no sweat at all. YEEAAH!! :thumbsup:

Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users