Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help With Spyware Removal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 dexisbest

dexisbest

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:20 AM

hi there .... recently a pop-up windows keeps appearing on my desktop ... the first windows states "error reading the key" then a number of identicalpop-ups appear stating that svchost.exe is on the prohibited list.

My spybot keeps finding malicious software and healing it but i think that its not working....maybe i have a worm??

Below is my hijack this log ... many thanks to anyone that can help.... :thumbsup:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 4:15:35 PM, on 7/05/2008
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SVCHOST.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\printer\LOCALS~1\Temp\sysfnx.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dumprep.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwwin.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.hp.com
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [!AVG Anti-Spyware] "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\avgas.exe" /minimized
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [System] C:\kernelcheck.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [System] C:\kernelcheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Policies\Explorer\Run: [System Sound] C:\DOCUME~1\KATHER~2\LOCALS~1\Temp\\sysfnx.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [CTFMON.EXE] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Photosmart Premier Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: WinZip Quick Pick.lnk = C:\Program Files\WinZip\WZQKPICK.EXE
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.hp.com
O20 - Winlogon Notify: !SASWinLogon - C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASWINLO.dll
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVG7\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Bluetooth Service (btwdins) - Broadcom Corporation. - C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin\btwdins.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: HP WMI Interface (hpqwmi) - Hewlett-Packard Development Company, L.P. - C:\Program Files\HPQ\SHARED\HPQWMI.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE

--
End of file - 5224 bytes

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Simon V.

Simon V.

• Members
  • 439 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 04:40 AM

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

My name is Simon V., and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

Please download and install CCleaner.

Open CCleaner. On the Windows tab, leave the default options alone.
  • On the Applications tab, check (tick) all the boxes except Saved Form Information. This will remove all your saved passwords if you leave this box checked.
  • Click on the Run Cleaner button at the bottom right hand corner.
  • When the cleaner has completed, click Tools in the Left Pane.
  • Verify that Uninstall is highlighted in color, or click on it.
  • In the lower right, click Save to Text File.
  • Pull down the arrow at the top of the Save dialog and choose Desktop as the location.
  • You can leave the filename as install.txt.
  • Click Save, then exit Ccleaner.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Once installed, you should see a blue screen prompt that says -

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Please continue as follows -
  • Close/Disable all anti-virus and anti-malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.
  • Click Yes to allow ComboFix to continue scanning for malware.
When the tool is finished, it will produce a report for you.

Please include the following reports for further review, so we may continue cleansing the system -

- the Combofix log (C:\ComboFix.txt)
- the CCleaner Uninstall List (install.txt)
- a new HijackThis log
Simon V.

Posted Image
Posted Image

So How Did I Get Infected In The First Place?
Stand Up and Be Counted!

My help at this forum is free, but if you wish to make a donation to help me continue the fight against malware - click here.

#3 Simon V.

Simon V.

• Members
  • 439 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 PM

Posted 23 May 2008 - 10:15 AM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.

If you need help please start a new thread and post a new HijackThis log.
Simon V.

Posted Image
Posted Image

So How Did I Get Infected In The First Place?
Stand Up and Be Counted!

My help at this forum is free, but if you wish to make a donation to help me continue the fight against malware - click here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users