Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Backup And Restore Help (acronis)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 noamericano

noamericano

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:20 PM

ok so im going to get my laptop repaired and everything is going to be lose and i have vista home premium and i want to backup all the programs and everything so it's the same. right so i get acronis true image 11. ok so i backup everything and now im at the point as to how to restore it. i read the tutorial here of how to restore from a complete backup of vista business, ultimate etc. but i think it's different so if anyone has used this program i can really use your help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 davehc

davehc

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:04 AM

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:42 AM

A good choice. Acronis is one of the best image programs around.It is not to difficult to use as it has very comprehensive menus.
However, you priority right now is to go into "Tools" on the top menu, and make a bootable CD. As I read it, you are probably going to finish up with an unbootable Computer!
Next important step, is to follow through on the "Backup" feature, over on the right, but, and here may be your difficulty, you must copy the image you are about to make, to somewhere where it cannot be destroyed. Check with the people who are going to do the repair and find out what is involved. perhaps you have another partition, which will remain untouched?
It matters not that you cannot boot Vista after the repair. But it matters a great deal that the data, that is, the Acronis image, is intact.
Assuming all the preceeding has been completed, it is then simply a matter of booting up with you freshly made Acronis CD/DVD, and rstoring your image.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users