Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello To All

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 grow123

grow123

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:36 PM

Posted 06 May 2008 - 10:04 PM

They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks--well, at age 68, I'm proving them wrong! This is my 1st computer & I'm really enjoying learning. I'm in Missouri, am retired nurse & looking forward to making new pals to email with. Have lots of pets, enjoy gardening, love movies, keep up with current events & politics. Look forward to hearing from some of you soon. :thumbsup:
Treat others as you'd like to be treated & enjoy life to the fullest.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 PM

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:06 PM

Hello, grow123.
Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

Please take the time, to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the board works.
If you have any questions about how to use this site, this forum will probably answer them.

These 2 tutorial sections contain a lot of useful information:
Tutorials
Mini guides and how-tos - Simple answers to common questions
Be sure to check them out. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 grow123

grow123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:51 PM

Thank you tq--I've been reading till I have eyestrain :thumbsup: Really enjoy this site . So nice to have current replies. So much to learn. Just added another pix to my profile I hope will give viewers a chuckle. I love pix & emoticons!

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:06 AM

Yeah, there is quite a bit of information to take in, here.
Kind of hard trying to figure out, where to start.

That's one, laid back dog. :thumbsup:
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

#5 grow123

grow123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:34 AM

To tq: I've been "shopping" on avatar pags & collecting cute pix to store in my file. Wasn't sure if I could change the pix or not so tried several & guess 1 was too large as won't take it. Think would be fun to change it from time to time. You're staying up late [like me]-- hope you don't have to get up for work tomorrow :thumbsup:

#6 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:52 AM

Images for your Personal Photo can have a file size no larger than 100 kB, and a pixel size no larger than 150 x 150.

I'm up late every night.
Don't need much sleep.
I'll be up at 5, to get ready for work.

#7 grow123

grow123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:36 AM

To tq--well, live & learn--my task barjust "escaped" & was tryin to hide itself on the right side of my screen. Google told me I had accidentally ublocked it so it ran away--I didnt realize it was like a wild animal & if you left the gate open, it would flee! Learned how to "grab" it & drag it back home by its collar & lock it up again. Guess I'll really have to watch my mouse clicks more closely. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users