Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Contemplating

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:49 PM

I have a guy that wants to trade me a 19" Toshiba LCD 720p HDTV With HDMI and such inputs, and this computer with the following specs.

AMD Ahlton 1.72GHZ
1GB of RAM
ATi Radeon HD2600 512MB AGP x8
60GB Hard Drive
Raidmax Ninja Case

For my

P4 HT 2.4ghz @800mhz
80gb HDD
PCI-E 512mb Nvida Geforce 8500gt(Foxconn)
1gb of RAM

How much of a umph decrease will i get. I dont do massive amounts of gaming, a little on the side, Stuff that requires like Open GL 1.2 or something. Let me know what you all think. He can show all recipts and stuff for all the parts inside his computer, so im not worried about fraud(as he will also be signing a contract warranting the computer for a week) I just need to know what kind of decrease I will be getting. Right now im doing MOSTLY internet and music. Please let me know your $0.2

P.S. please dont tell me the risk of trading my computer.......Just tell me the what to expect difference wise...(the major difference being 2.4ghz---->1.79ghz) IDK about FSB on his, but i assume its large cuz most AMD processors have large FSB's
Posted Image
Staples Easytech Associate
Staples Certified Onsite PC Technician
Computer Science Major, Stonybrook University

Society leans heavily on computers. If you have the power to take out computers, you have the power to take out society.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  

Posted 07 May 2008 - 02:54 PM

hello.....i need something?
Posted Image
Staples Easytech Associate
Staples Certified Onsite PC Technician
Computer Science Major, Stonybrook University

Society leans heavily on computers. If you have the power to take out computers, you have the power to take out society.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,092 posts
  •  

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:14 PM

Not doing any gaming you will see some decrease in your application multitasking abilities but not much else. IMO you should upgrade to 2gig of ram in either case. For the cost of the monitor your getting you could upgrade the video card anyways.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users