Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Move Ms Office And Delete Temp File?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 333nnn

333nnn

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:39 PM

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:48 PM

Compaq Presario 5000, Model 5BW220, Made 7/19/00, Windows XP Pro, 15 Gig master drive, 37 Gig slave drive, 512 MB RAM, 631 MHz Intel Celeron processor, Compaq 06C0 motherboard.

When I try to delete some programs such as Microsoft Office sometimes I get a message saying: "Renaming, deleting or moving....could make some programs not work. Are you sure you want to do this?" How serious is this warning? Should I just go ahead and delete the program anyway? For example, I copied and pasted Office onto my slave drive because it has more space, and I got that warning. Should I just go ahead and delete Office from my master drive? Also, MS Office installer boxes keep popping up. Why? I wanted to move MS Office to my slave drive because I have little free space on the master drive, but is moving Office too risky or complicate to bother trying to move it? Also, I've been getting Trojan Horse warnings from files from the temp folder, so I tried to delete the temp folder contents but got a message saying: Error deleting file or folder: Cannot delete 3112. Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use". If I should try to delete temp in safe mode how would I do that? Thanks for any replies.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 07 May 2008 - 11:42 AM

As far as I know, you shouldn't have a problem moving MsOffice to the other drive...The bigger issue here is that you have malware installed on your machine. I suggest that you run anti-virus scans, adware scans etc and see if you can remove the Trojan(s) from your machine. That may make pop-ups and the like go away.Deleting contents of Temp folder will not do anything to resolve this even if it would let you do so. If you can't get rid of the malware yourself, I suggest that you open up a new topic in "Am I infected, What do I do now?" and go from there. TROJAN ISSUE FIRST!!!
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:03 PM

Installing MS Office into the slave drive would be, I think, the cleanest solution, followed by deleting it from your C: drive. Be sure, though, if you have special templates, to save and move those, before deleting Office.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,656 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 07 May 2008 - 01:13 PM

...I tried to delete the temp folder contents but got a message saying: Error deleting file or folder...

You can't delete all the content of Temp folder when some applications (like your antivirus) have downloaded updates and waiting to reboot to make the installation (or uninstallation) to take effect. But if you remove the content of the Temp folder after the boot (on the conditions no application tries to update again right after reboot) you may empty it with no problem. The applications like CCleaner or ATF cleaner remove those files which can be removed from Temp folder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users