Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected, Various Types Of Trojan/adware, Conhook.d, Virtumonde, Tratbho, Wimad-i

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 Mista-M

Mista-M

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:56 AM

Hello, Lads n Ladies,

My computer has recently been infected with various viruses/malware which is proving difficult to remove so any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

At the time of infection my computer was being protected by norton internet security,
for which the subscirption was about to lapse, (this subscription has since expired).
On attempting to view a video on Youtube, Norton threw up a warning of a port scan which had been attempted and blocked, then almost instantly a new IE browser started to open and then started to bombard me with fake windows style warnings with laughable text stating that my system was infected and I should download various fake types of security programs,

I disconnected my net connection and then Norton gave a warning stating that it had blocked a downloader and my computer was secure. I closed the extra browser windows and warning pop ups with the task manager, only for more to open attempting to access a website which could not be displayed, Norton then gave a warning stating that it had blocked an outgoing attack from my computer on another IP address, it stated the source of the attack was my computer and the attack was regarding downloading of malware alarm bell, this process was blocked by Norton. This has subsequently been blocked twice more since as an incoming attack, so at this time I dont think any fake/malicious software program was able to be downloaded to my computer.

The virus appears to be activating on boot up and detection of an internet connection. Upon me opening internet explorer would open up around 30 IE browsers at a time attempting to connenct to something. This would occur even when not connected to the net and would also change the privacy slider in "internet tools", to the lowest setting to accept all cookies and any active x, at first this would change it again every time i changed it back, but I have since altered a few other settings for IE and after the initial removal of some infected files this appears to have stopped this happening now. I will be reverting to firefox once my system is secure again!

All norton full system scans were coming back stating my system was clean when i knew this wasnt the case, I even tried the online symantec scan as this was the only one I could get to run and this came back "clean" too!!!
However a few days later the soon to be uninstalled norton subscription expired, but on boot up of my computer windows defender threw up a warning and had detected a Trojan "Conhook.D" attempting to activate, which it removed, I then installed Avast home, after a thorough scan with Avast it detected around 28 traces of Win32: Virtumonde-EL(adware), which it removed (these appear to have been in Windows Error Reporting temp files) and it also found two copies of a Win32: WimAD-I Trojan (however, these two files were the same wma file so these two trojan files may have been dormant and not related to the current infection as the file that was infected was on a music file that was ripped to the computer from a cd! these have been deleted)
Then upon a full system scan with windows defender it found another infected file which was another Win32:conhook.D trojan and successfully removed this also.
The system still seemed like something was wrong straight from boot up but the browsers and pop-ups seemed to have stopped, instead now, just after boot up I get a message pop up asking if i would like to "work offline, or "try again", as if something is attempting to connect to the net even though no internet browser is open or net connection established!, when I end this with task manager all the shortcut icons on my desktop, the whole taskbar, start menu and system tray dissapear they usually re-appears after a few minutes although various items from the system tray also seem to dissapear quite often randomly.
I then decided to attempt to connect the internet connection with Avast on-access scanner running to see if it caught anything trying to activate, which it did as soon as the computer connected to the internet, this time the on-access scanner caught an infected file in the memory so couldnt move it as it was being used by another process, but it allowed me to schedule a boot-time scan, so i restarted the computer and after the scan Avast had automatically now moved the file to the chest which was a memory resident file, this one was Win32:Virtumonde-JA.

Yesterday after booting the computer and starting the internet connection, got avast updates and then attempted to access this site to download the DSS exe from the link, but after typing the url it wouldnt move from my home page, then avast on-access scanner detected a virus, called a Win32:TratBHO but it couldnt move this to the chest or move or delete this file as "it was being used by another program", on clicking to schedule a boot-time scan said it could not schedule the scan. I then opened the main Avast scanner but this kept crashing on the memory scan screen so I clicked to end task on task manager but instead of ending it I clicked cancel on the prompt and it loaded the Avast window so I scheduled a boot-time scan through there, during this scan Avast detected 43 files infected with the Win32:TratBHO trojan, (some dll files but mostly in temp files) and 1 file infected with Win32:Virtumonde-JE (adware), it successfully moved all of these to the virus chest.
As some of these files couldnt be moved while the computer was active and were processes in the memory, these are currently in Avasts virus chest as i'm not sure if any of these are valid/needed files that have been infected or can just be deleted. (I can provided u the logs and locations of all the infected files found so far if these are needed.) the virus seems to be respawning or adding different files and types/versions of trojan/adware.

Now on boot up in normal mode I get an error stating that "a process failed to start" , this comes up twice for two dll files but both of these files are files that are infected with the Win32:TratBHO and are in the virus chest, so im guessing this is a good thing that these processes can't run on boot-up!, the files are ndnpdunj.dll & wvUlihhH.dll. Is it safe to delete all these files?? I've also noticed a number of folders in the macromedia flash folder that I dont recognise the site urls for but im not sure what these relate to.

I managed to access this site to download the Deckard scanner and used that to get hijackthis, on my 1st attempt to run the DSS scan it froze and stopped responding on the temp files part. Second time round it successfully ran and downloaded hijackthis for which I have both logs.
I am unable to run a Kaspersky online scan because of the instability of my IEbrowser, however I have recently purchased Kaspersky internet security, but im wary of installing at the present time incase the infected computer messes with the installation. As a bad script warning seems to load up everytime before Norton prompts me that my subscription is up and also an "internal error occurs" if I attempt to uninstall Norton, i'm not sure if Norton Live Update may have been compromised by the virus. There also seems to be a problem with the system hiding or not allowing me access to some files & folders as administrator.

Below are the two logs from the DSS/hijackthis scan which i'd be grateful if u'd take a look over for me, I'm new to Hijackthis so dont really understand all of the logs but after looking over it theres a few things i've spotted that look irregular, although im sure theres more.

In the 02 section, there is a no name entry for a BHO with no name and no file which I dont think should be there and is probably related to the TratBHO trojan.

I've also noticed the two files I mentioned above, ndnpdunj.dll & wvUlihhH.dll seem to have created some processes or something in the last two HKCU entries in the 04 section of the log, which would probably explain why these files are still attempting to start on boot-up. There are also a couple of registry key entries to execute these two files.

There also seems to be an odd entry for "gopher prefix:" on the 013 section although maybe this is some form of preset on Vista.

I havent attempted any fixes or made any further changes yet as I thought I would wait for someone with more expertise, to look over the logs first and advise on what to do next. Apologies for the long post but I wanted to be as thorough as I could to give you a picture of whats happening on the user side of things.

Many thanks in advance for your time, any help you may be able to offer me would be much appreciated.

Attached - 2 txt logs from DSS/HijackThis

Thanks again

Mr-M,

Here are the DSS/Hijackthis logs -

MAIN TEXT

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Run by Oli on 2008-05-05 18:46:58
Computer is in Normal Mode.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Last 5 Restore Point(s) --
5: 2008-05-05 14:52:19 UTC - RP316 - Windows Update
4: 2008-05-04 19:57:03 UTC - RP315 - Removed Pando.
3: 2008-05-03 21:54:51 UTC - RP314 - Scheduled Checkpoint
2: 2008-05-02 21:02:14 UTC - RP313 - Scheduled Checkpoint
1: 2008-04-30 23:00:09 UTC - RP312 - Scheduled Checkpoint

Backed up registry hives.
Performed disk cleanup.

Total Physical Memory: 502 MiB (1024 MiB recommended).

-- HijackThis (run as Oli.exe) -------------------------------------------------

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 18:47:29, on 05/05/2008
Platform: Windows Vista (WinNT 6.00.1904)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16643)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe
C:\Program Files\Motorola\SMSERIAL\sm56hlpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
C:\Program Files\sQusi\sQusi Tracking Blocker\sQusiBasicApp.exe
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Users\Oli\Desktop\dss.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\TRENDM~1\HIJACK~1\Oli.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.virginmedia.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.thetechguys.com
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {7E853D72-626A-48EC-A868-BA8D5E23E045} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {90222687-F593-4738-B738-FBEE9C7B26DF} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\UIBHO.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RtHDVCpl] RtHDVCpl.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SMSERIAL] C:\Program Files\Motorola\SMSERIAL\sm56hlpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast!] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSServer] rundll32.exe C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Local\Temp\wvUlihhH.dll,#1
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [BMab58bc47] Rundll32.exe "C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Local\Temp\ndnpdunj.dll",s
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: sQusi Tracking Blocker.lnk = C:\Program Files\sQusi\sQusi Tracking Blocker\sQusiBasicApp.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C} () - http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flash...t/ultrashim.cab
O18 - Protocol: livecall - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msgrapp.8.5.1302.1018.dll
O18 - Protocol: ms-itss - {0A9007C0-4076-11D3-8789-0000F8105754} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\microsoft shared\Information Retrieval\msitss.dll
O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msgrapp.8.5.1302.1018.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs: sQusiStub.dll
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

--
End of file - 7177 bytes

-- File Associations -----------------------------------------------------------

All associations okay.

-- Drivers: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled ---------------------

R3 netr73 (RT73 USB Wireless LAN Card Driver for Vista) - c:\windows\system32\drivers\netr73.sys <Not Verified; Ralink Technology Inc.; Ralink 802.11 Wireless Adapters>

S3 BVRPMPR5 (BVRPMPR5 NDIS Protocol Driver) - \??\c:\windows\system32\drivers\bvrpmpr5.sys

-- Services: 0-Boot, 1-System, 2-Auto, 3-Demand, 4-Disabled --------------------

All services whitelisted.

-- Device Manager: Disabled ----------------------------------------------------

No disabled devices found.

-- Scheduled Tasks -------------------------------------------------------------

2008-04-21 21:12:41 542 --a------ C:\Windows\Tasks\Norton Internet Security - Run Full System Scan - Oli.job

-- Files created between 2008-04-05 and 2008-05-05 -----------------------------

2008-05-05 18:47:12 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2008-04-25 15:40:11 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Alwil Software

-- Find3M Report ---------------------------------------------------------------

2008-04-23 16:56:26 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2008-04-23 16:56:18 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works
2008-04-22 15:47:25 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Java
2008-04-09 03:32:39 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Windows Mail
2008-04-04 01:28:14 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live
2008-03-11 02:33:25 0 d-------- C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security
2008-03-07 22:07:49 0 d-------- C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
2008-03-07 21:47:48 120 --a------ C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming\wklnhst.dat

-- Registry Dump ---------------------------------------------------------------

*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Windows Defender"="C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" [06/09/2007 17:05]
"RtHDVCpl"="RtHDVCpl.exe" [09/11/2006 19:57 C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe]
"SMSERIAL"="C:\Program Files\Motorola\SMSERIAL\sm56hlpr.exe" [10/10/2006 05:43]
"ISUSScheduler"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [13/04/2004 07:07]
"ccApp"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [10/01/2007 06:59]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe" [22/02/2008 04:25]
"Symantec PIF AlertEng"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" [28/11/2007 20:51]
"IgfxTray"="C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe" [24/08/2007 20:54]
"HotKeysCmds"="C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe" [24/08/2007 20:54]
"Persistence"="C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe" [24/08/2007 20:54]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [11/01/2008 23:16]
"avast!"="C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe" [29/03/2008 18:37]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"WindowsWelcomeCenter"="oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter" []
"MSServer"="C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Local\Temp\wvUlihhH.dll,#1" []
"BMab58bc47"="C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Local\Temp\ndnpdunj.dll,s" []

C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
sQusi Tracking Blocker.lnk - C:\Program Files\sQusi\sQusi Tracking Blocker\sQusiBasicApp.exe [27/07/2007 18:32:02]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\policies\system]
"ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin"=2 (0x2)

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\windows]
"appinit_dlls"=sQusiStub.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\AppInfo]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\KeyIso]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\NTDS]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\ProfSvc]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\sacsvr]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\SWPRV]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\TabletInputService]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\TBS]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\TrustedInstaller]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\VDS]
@="Service"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\volmgr.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\volmgrx.sys]
@="Driver"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\{533C5B84-EC70-11D2-9505-00C04F79DEAF}]
@="Volume shadow copy"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\{6BDD1FC1-810F-11D0-BEC7-08002BE2092F}]
@="IEEE 1394 Bus host controllers"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\{D48179BE-EC20-11D1-B6B8-00C04FA372A7}]
@="SBP2 IEEE 1394 Devices"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\{D94EE5D8-D189-4994-83D2-F68D7D41B0E6}]
@="SecurityDevices"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
LocalService nsi lltdsvc SSDPSRV upnphost SCardSvr w32time EventSystem RemoteRegistry WinHttpAutoProxySvc lanmanworkstation TBS SLUINotify THREADORDER fdrespub netprofm fdphost wcncsvc QWAVE WebClient
LocalSystemNetworkRestricted hidserv UxSms WdiSystemHost Netman trkwks AudioEndpointBuilder WUDFSvc irmon sysmain IPBusEnum dot3svc PcaSvc wlansvc EMDMgmt TabletInputService WPDBusEnum
LocalServiceNoNetwork PLA DPS BFE mpssvc

*Newly Created Service* - COMHOST

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\active setup\installed components\>{22d6f312-b0f6-11d0-94ab-0080c74c7e95}]
C:\Windows\system32\unregmp2.exe /ShowWMP

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\active setup\installed components\{6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6}]
%SystemRoot%\system32\unregmp2.exe /FirstLogon /Shortcuts /RegBrowsers /ResetMUI

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-05-05 18:47:59 ------------

EXTRA TEXT

Deckard's System Scanner v20071014.68
Extra logfile - please post this as an attachment with your post.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Information ----------------------------------------------------------

Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (build 6000)
Architecture: X86; Language: English

CPU 0: Intel® Celeron® M CPU 440 @ 1.86GHz
Percentage of Memory in Use: 79%
Physical Memory (total/avail): 501.56 MiB / 103.39 MiB
Pagefile Memory (total/avail): 1495.73 MiB / 793.37 MiB
Virtual Memory (total/avail): 2047.88 MiB / 1939.02 MiB

C: is Fixed (NTFS) - 69.16 GiB total, 18.75 GiB free.
D: is CDROM (No Media)

\\.\PHYSICALDRIVE0 - TOSHIBA MK8034GSX ATA Device - 74.53 GiB - 2 partitions
\PARTITION0 - Unknown - 5.37 GiB
\PARTITION1 (bootable) - Installable File System - 69.16 GiB - C:

-- Security Center -------------------------------------------------------------

AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install.
Windows Internal Firewall is disabled.

FW: Norton Internet Security v2007 (Symantec Corporation)
AV: avast! antivirus 4.8.1169 [VPS 080504-0] v4.8.1169 (ALWIL Software)
AV: Norton Internet Security v2007 (Symantec Corporation) Outdated
AS: Windows Defender v1.1.1505.0 (Microsoft Corporation)
AS: Norton Internet Security v2007 (Symantec Corporation) Outdated
AS: avast! antivirus 4.8.1169 [VPS 080504-0] v4.8.1169 (ALWIL Software)

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\DomainProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]

[HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess\Parameters\FirewallPolicy\StandardProfile\AuthorizedApplications\List]

-- Environment Variables -------------------------------------------------------

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData
APPDATA=C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=MR-PC
ComSpec=C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Users\Oli
LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Local
LOGONSERVER=\\MR-PC
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=1
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 14 Stepping 12, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0e0c
ProgramData=C:\ProgramData
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\Windows
TEMP=C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP=C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Local\Temp
USERDOMAIN=MR-PC
USERNAME=Oli
USERPROFILE=C:\Users\Oli
windir=C:\Windows

-- User Profiles ---------------------------------------------------------------

Oli

-- Add/Remove Programs ---------------------------------------------------------

Adobe Flash Player ActiveX --> C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\uninstall_activeX.exe
Adobe Reader 8.1.2 --> MsiExec.exe /I{AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-A81200000003}
AppCore --> MsiExec.exe /I{EFB5B3B5-A280-4E25-BE1C-634EEFE32C1B}
AV --> MsiExec.exe /I{F4DB525F-A986-4249-B98B-42A8066251CA}
avast! Antivirus --> C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswRunDll.exe "C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\Setup\setiface.dll",RunSetup
ccCommon --> MsiExec.exe /I{3CCAD2EF-CFF2-4637-82AA-AABF370282D3}
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver --> C:\Windows\system32\igxpun.exe -uninstall
Java™ 6 Update 2 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160020}
Java™ 6 Update 3 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160030}
Java™ 6 Update 5 --> MsiExec.exe /I{3248F0A8-6813-11D6-A77B-00B0D0160050}
LiveUpdate 3.2 (Symantec Corporation) --> "C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\LSETUP.EXE" /U
LiveUpdate Notice (Symantec Corporation) --> MsiExec.exe /X{DBA4DB9D-EE51-4944-A419-98AB1F1249C8}
Messenger Plus! Live --> "C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live\Uninstall.exe"
Microsoft Works --> MsiExec.exe /I{6D52C408-B09A-4520-9B18-475B81D393F1}
Motorola SM56 Data Fax Modem --> rundll32.exe sm56co6a.dll,SM56UnInstaller
MSRedist --> MsiExec.exe /I{B7C61755-DB48-4003-948F-3D34DB8EAF69}
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181) --> MsiExec.exe /I{C04E32E0-0416-434D-AFB9-6969D703A9EF}
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB941833) --> MsiExec.exe /I{C523D256-313D-4866-B36A-F3DE528246EF}
Norton AntiVirus --> MsiExec.exe /X{830D8CBD-C668-49e2-A969-C2C2106332E0}
Norton Confidential Browser Component --> MsiExec.exe /I{4843B611-8FCB-4428-8C23-31D0A5EAE164}
Norton Confidential Web Protection Component --> MsiExec.exe /I{D353CC51-430D-4C6F-9B7E-52003DA1E05A}
Norton Internet Security --> MsiExec.exe /I{48185814-A224-447A-81DA-71BD20580E1B}
Norton Internet Security --> MsiExec.exe /I{5AA2CD16-706F-41f3-87C5-2B5A031F2B3B}
Norton Internet Security --> MsiExec.exe /I{E3EFA461-EB83-4C3B-9C47-2C1D58A01555}
Norton Internet Security --> MsiExec.exe /I{E5EE9939-259F-4DE2-8023-5C49E16A4F43}
Norton Internet Security (Symantec Corporation) --> "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SymSetup\{5AA2CD16-706F-41f3-87C5-2B5A031F2B3B}_10_2_0_30\{5AA2CD16-706F-41f3-87C5-2B5A031F2B3B}.exe" /X
Norton Protection Center --> MsiExec.exe /I{9A129ABC-A53A-4209-A21E-D5DEDFB7CCA8}
Power2Go 5.0 --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{40BF1E83-20EB-11D8-97C5-0009C5020658}\Setup.exe" -uninstall
Ralink Wireless LAN Card --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\10\00\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{E91E8912-769D-42F0-8408-0E329443BABC}\setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
Realtek 8139 and 8139C+ Ethernet Network Card Driver for Windows Vista --> C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{AE46ABD3-D625-467F-B5A7-8D3FFF077F0D}\Setup.exe -runfromtemp -l0x0009 -removeonly
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver --> RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\PROFES~1\RunTime\11\50\Intel32\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{F132AF7F-7BCA-4EDE-8A7C-958108FE7DBC}\Setup.exe" -l0x9 -removeonly
Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906) --> MsiExec.exe /I{0EFDF2F9-836D-4EB7-A32D-038BD3F1FB2A}
Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906) --> MsiExec.exe /X{0EFDF2F9-836D-4EB7-A32D-038BD3F1FB2A}
SPBBC 32bit --> MsiExec.exe /I{77772678-817F-4401-9301-ED1D01A8DA56}
sQusi Tracking Blocker --> MsiExec.exe /X{F741B83D-46A6-439E-A1B5-5AC27DEA8745}
Windows Live installer --> MsiExec.exe /X{A7E4ECCA-4A8E-4258-8EC8-2DCCF5B11320}
Windows Live Messenger --> MsiExec.exe /X{508CE775-4BA4-4748-82DF-FE28DA9F03B0}
Windows Live Sign-in Assistant --> MsiExec.exe /I{AFA4E5FD-ED70-4D92-99D0-162FD56DC986}
WinRAR archiver --> C:\Program Files\WinRAR\uninstall.exe

-- Application Event Log -------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type30967 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 05/05/2008 06:34:39 PM
Event ID/Source: 1002 / Application Hang
Event Description:
The program dss.exe version 3.2.8.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel.
Process ID: d0c
Start Time: 01c8aed51bad3836
Termination Time: 156

Event Record #/Type30958 / Success
Event Submitted/Written: 05/05/2008 06:09:28 PM
Event ID/Source: 902 / Software Licensing Service
Event Description:
The Software Licensing service has started.

Event Record #/Type30950 / Success
Event Submitted/Written: 05/05/2008 06:08:19 PM
Event ID/Source: 5617 / WinMgmt
Event Description:

Event Record #/Type30949 / Success
Event Submitted/Written: 05/05/2008 06:08:09 PM
Event ID/Source: 5615 / WinMgmt
Event Description:

Event Record #/Type30928 / Warning
Event Submitted/Written: 05/05/2008 04:47:21 PM
Event ID/Source: 1530 / profsvc
Event Description:
Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.

DETAIL -
1 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-359165003-3425982113-1008965729-1000_Classes:
Process 836 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\svchost.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-359165003-3425982113-1008965729-1000_CLASSES

-- Security Event Log ----------------------------------------------------------

No Errors/Warnings found.

-- System Event Log ------------------------------------------------------------

Event Record #/Type51445 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 05/05/2008 06:38:13 PM
Event ID/Source: 1002 / Dhcp
Event Description:
The IP address lease for the Network Card has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).

Event Record #/Type51444 / Warning
Event Submitted/Written: 05/05/2008 06:38:13 PM
Event ID/Source: 1003 / Dhcp
Event Description:
Your computer was not able to renew its address from the network (from the DHCP Server) for the Network Card. The following error occurred:
%%2163146757. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server.

Event Record #/Type51307 / Error
Event Submitted/Written: 05/05/2008 04:47:25 PM
Event ID/Source: 10010 / DCOM
Event Description:
{C2BFE331-6739-4270-86C9-493D9A04CD38}

Event Record #/Type51291 / Warning
Event Submitted/Written: 05/05/2008 04:11:54 PM
Event ID/Source: 4 / Client Side Rendering Spooler
Event Description:
The print spooler failed to reopen an existing printer connection because it could not read the configuration information from the registry key S-1-5-18\Printers\Connections. The print spooler could not open the registry key. This can occur if the registry key is corrupt or missing, or if the registry recently became unavailable.

Event Record #/Type51290 / Warning
Event Submitted/Written: 05/05/2008 04:11:54 PM
Event ID/Source: 4 / Client Side Rendering Spooler
Event Description:
The print spooler failed to reopen an existing printer connection because it could not read the configuration information from the registry key S-1-5-18\Printers\Connections. The print spooler could not open the registry key. This can occur if the registry key is corrupt or missing, or if the registry recently became unavailable.

-- End of Deckard's System Scanner: finished at 2008-05-05 18:47:59 ------------

Hope u can help!!

Many Thanks in advance!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 lusitano

lusitano

Portuguese Malware Fighter

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 16 May 2008 - 06:20 AM

Hi, sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience!

Please download the ComboFix from the links above and follow all instructions for running the tool:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

Please ensure you read this guide carefully and install the Recovery Console first.

The Windows Recovery Console will allow you to boot up into a special recovery (repair) mode. This allows us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware. It is a simple procedure that will only take a few moments of your time.

Once installed, you should see a blue screen prompt that says:

The Recovery Console was successfully installed.

Please continue as follows:
  • "If you downloaded ComboFix previously, delete that version and download it again as the tool is frequently updated!"
  • Very Important! Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan. They can interfere with ComboFix or remove some of its embedded files which may cause "unpredictable results".
    Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive. If yours is not listed and you don't know how to disable it, please ask.
  • Double click combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
  • When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Post that log and a HiJackthis log in your next reply
  • Be sure to re-enable your anti-virus and other security programs, after ComboFix finished.
Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall.

Extra-Note: Please, DO NOT use ComboFix on your own. It is a very powerful tool designed to deal with sophisticated infections and if something goes wrong or you use it incorrectly, you could possibly lose the use of your computer. It is ONLY meant to be used under the direct supervision of a malware removal specialist. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer

Regards
Posted Image
Please do not PM me asking for support.
Please be courteous, polite, and say thank you.
Please post the final results, good or bad. We like to know!

#3 Mista-M

Mista-M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 05:48 AM

Hi Lusitano

Thanks for ur reply, I really appreciate u taking the time to help me with this.

I've now downloaded an ran combofix as u asked and the logs for that n also hijackthis are attached.

I've kept the computer offline while awaiting a reply from yourselves,however, as I connected to the net and accessed this site and was downloading combofix my auto-protect blocked an attack which was labelled generically as a Backdoor.Trojan, but didnt find or quarantine the virus, I checked the log and it says the source of the attack was..
C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Local\Temp\_avast4_\unp79108438.tmp
I scanned the comp with avast and it found 3 more Win32:Virtumonde.JF (adware) dll files. These appear to be in the Deckard System Scanners Back up files..

C:\Deckard\System Scanner\20080505183507\backup\Users\Oli\AppData\Local\Temp

I'm not sure what the active virus is but it appears to be creating more variants of viruses/adware each time it activates itself. So far these have been, Virtumonde-EL, Virtumonde-JA, Virtumonde-JE, Virtumonde-JF, Win32:TratBHO & Conhook.D trojan downloader, along with the blocked Backdoor.Trojan & the previously blocked Downloader trying to download Malware Alarm Bell which was stopped. On my logs it also keeps showing unauthorised access attempting to access task manager but this is constantly stopped by the virus package every few seconds.

I also note that for some reason Avast has automatically quarantined 3 system files from C:/Windows/system32... These files are Kernel32.dll, winsock.dll & wsock32.dll. although it states "no virus", would these be part of the virus or infected in some way??. it has also quarantined a file called SetCC9A.tmp from the c:\Windows\Temp folder, which also says "no virus" next to.

The logs u requested are shown below

Many thanks again for ur time & help with this.

ComboFix Log

ComboFix 08-05-15.3 - Oli 2008-05-17 11:00:29.1 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic 6.0.6000.0.1252.1.1033.18.122 [GMT 1:00]
Running from: C:\Users\Oli\Desktop\ComboFix.exe
* Created a new restore point

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

C:\Windows\system32\x64

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2008-04-17 to 2008-05-17 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

No new files created in this timespan

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Find3M Report ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
2008-05-15 18:54 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Windows Mail
2008-05-08 22:49 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Java
2008-05-05 17:47 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Trend Micro
2008-04-25 14:40 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Alwil Software
2008-04-23 15:56 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Microsoft Works
2008-04-23 15:56 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared
2008-04-06 12:31 --------- d-----w C:\ProgramData\Symantec
2008-04-04 00:28 --------- d-----w C:\Program Files\Messenger Plus! Live
2008-03-29 17:32 50,768 ----a-w C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswMonFlt.sys
2008-03-07 20:47 120 ----a-w C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming\wklnhst.dat
2008-02-29 06:51 19,000 ----a-w C:\Windows\System32\kd1394.dll
2008-02-29 06:39 40,960 ----a-w C:\Windows\System32\srclient.dll
2008-02-29 06:39 371,712 ----a-w C:\Windows\System32\srcore.dll
2008-02-29 06:38 313,856 ----a-w C:\Windows\System32\rstrui.exe
2008-02-29 06:38 16,384 ----a-w C:\Windows\System32\srdelayed.exe
2008-02-29 06:35 6,656 ----a-w C:\Windows\System32\kbd106n.dll
2008-02-29 06:34 7,168 ----a-w C:\Windows\System32\f3ahvoas.dll
2008-02-29 04:16 2,027,008 ----a-w C:\Windows\System32\win32k.sys
2008-02-21 04:43 826,368 ----a-w C:\Windows\System32\wininet.dll
2008-02-21 04:43 56,320 ----a-w C:\Windows\System32\iesetup.dll
2008-02-21 04:43 52,736 ----a-w C:\Windows\AppPatch\iebrshim.dll
2008-02-21 04:43 296,448 ----a-w C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll
2008-02-21 04:43 26,624 ----a-w C:\Windows\System32\ieUnatt.exe
2008-02-19 05:10 620,088 ----a-w C:\Windows\System32\ci.dll
2007-09-06 16:31 174 --sha-w C:\Program Files\desktop.ini
2007-09-07 15:55 16,384 --sha-w C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History\History.IE5\index.dat
2007-09-07 15:55 32,768 --sha-w C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat
2007-09-07 15:55 16,384 --sha-w C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\index.dat

------- Sigcheck -------

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Reg Loading Points ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
*Note* empty entries & legit default entries are not shown
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"WindowsWelcomeCenter"="oobefldr.dll" [2006-11-02 13:34 2159104 C:\Windows\System32\oobefldr.dll]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"Windows Defender"="C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" [2007-09-06 17:05 1006264]
"RtHDVCpl"="RtHDVCpl.exe" [2006-11-09 19:57 3784704 C:\Windows\RtHDVCpl.exe]
"SMSERIAL"="C:\Program Files\Motorola\SMSERIAL\sm56hlpr.exe" [2006-10-10 05:43 729088]
"ISUSScheduler"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" [2004-04-13 07:07 69632]
"ccApp"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe" [2007-01-10 06:59 115816]
"Symantec PIF AlertEng"="C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" [2007-11-28 20:51 583048]
"IgfxTray"="C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe" [2007-08-24 20:54 141848]
"HotKeysCmds"="C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe" [2007-08-24 20:54 154136]
"Persistence"="C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe" [2007-08-24 20:54 129560]
"Adobe Reader Speed Launcher"="C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe" [2008-01-11 23:16 39792]
"avast!"="C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast4\ashDisp.exe" [2008-03-29 18:37 79224]
"SunJavaUpdateSched"="C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe" [2008-02-22 04:25 144784]

C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\
sQusi Tracking Blocker.lnk - C:\Program Files\sQusi\sQusi Tracking Blocker\sQusiBasicApp.exe [2007-07-27 18:32:02 1144320]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\windows]
"AppInit_DLLs"=sQusiStub.dll

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\drivers32]
"msacm.clmp3enc"= C:\PROGRA~1\CYBERL~1\Power2Go\CLMP3Enc.ACM

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center]
"UacDisableNotify"=dword:00000001
"InternetSettingsDisableNotify"=dword:00000001
"AutoUpdateDisableNotify"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring]
"DisableMonitoring"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecAntiVirus]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\security center\Monitoring\SymantecFirewall]

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\DomainProfile]
"EnableFirewall"= 0 (0x0)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\FirewallRules]
"{A4DE71B9-2508-43A7-96B9-A4115FB26972}"= C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\livecall.exe:Windows Live Messenger (Phone)

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\PublicProfile]

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\RestrictedServices\Static\System]
"DFSR-1"= RPort=5722|UDP:%SystemRoot%\system32\svchost.exe|Svc=DFSR:Allow inbound TCP traffic|

[HKLM\~\services\sharedaccess\parameters\firewallpolicy\StandardProfile]

R1 aswSP;avast! Self Protection;C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys [2008-03-29 18:31]
R1 IDSvix86;Symantec Intrusion Prevention Driver;C:\PROGRA~2\Symantec\DEFINI~1\SymcData\idsdefs\20080331.001\IDSvix86.sys [2008-02-13 17:18]
R2 aswFsBlk;aswFsBlk;C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\aswFsBlk.sys [2008-03-29 18:35]
R2 aswMonFlt;aswMonFlt;C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\aswMonFlt.sys [2008-03-29 18:32]
R3 igfx;igfx;C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd32.sys [2007-08-24 20:39]
R3 netr73;RT73 USB Wireless LAN Card Driver for Vista;C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\netr73.sys [2006-09-28 23:41]
R3 SYMNDISV;SYMNDISV;C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\SYMNDISV.SYS [2008-03-07 14:39]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows nt\currentversion\svchost]
LocalServiceNoNetwork REG_MULTI_SZ PLA DPS BFE mpssvc

*Newly Created Service* - CATCHME
*Newly Created Service* - COMHOST
Contents of the 'Scheduled Tasks' folder
"2008-04-21 20:12:41 C:\Windows\Tasks\Norton Internet Security - Run Full System Scan - Oli.job"
- C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\Navw32.exeB/TASK:

catchme 0.3.1361 W2K/XP/Vista - rootkit/stealth malware detector by Gmer, http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-05-17 11:03:50
Windows 6.0.6000 NTFS

scanning hidden processes ...

scanning hidden autostart entries ...

scanning hidden files ...

scan completed successfully
hidden files: 0

Completion time: 2008-05-17 11:05:56
ComboFix-quarantined-files.txt 2008-05-17 10:05:45

The system cannot find message text for message number 0x2379 in the message file for Application.
The system cannot find message text for message number 0x2379 in the message file for Application.

123 --- E O F --- 2008-05-16 19:48:48

HijackThis Log:

Scan saved at 11:17:39, on 17/05/2008

Running processes:
C:\Windows\Explorer.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.virginmedia.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {1E8A6170-7264-4D0F-BEAE-D42A53123C75} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\1.5\NppBho.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Symantec PIF AlertEng] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 8.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [WindowsWelcomeCenter] rundll32.exe oobefldr.dll,ShowWelcomeCenter (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /detectMem (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - Startup: sQusi Tracking Blocker.lnk = C:\Program Files\sQusi\sQusi Tracking Blocker\sQusiBasicApp.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_05\bin\ssv.dll
O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O23 - Service: avast! iAVS4 Control Service (aswUpdSv) - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\aswUpdSv.exe
O23 - Service: Automatic LiveUpdate Scheduler - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Symantec\LiveUpdate\ALUSchedulerSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashServ.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashMaiSv.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast4\ashWebSv.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Lic NetConnect service (CLTNetCnService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: COM Host (comHost) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\VAScanner\comHost.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec IS Password Validation (ISPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\isPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\Symantec\LIVEUP~1\LUCOMS~1.EXE
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service Ex (LiveUpdate Notice Ex) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSvcHst.exe
O23 - Service: LiveUpdate Notice Service - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec AppCore Service (SymAppCore) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AppCore\AppSvc32.exe

--
End of file - 5973 bytes

Thanks for ur help & support

Oli

#4 lusitano

lusitano

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 06:12 AM

Hello,

Cant see anything wrong on the logs, we have to search deeper.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop. alternate download link 1 alternate download link 2
  • Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
  • Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
  • When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
  • On the Scanner tab:
    • Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
    • Then click on the Scan button.
  • If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
  • The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
  • When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
  • Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
  • Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
  • The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.

Download and scan with CCleaner
1. Starting with v1.27.260, CCleaner installs the Yahoo Toolbar as an option which IS checkmarked by default during the installation. IF you do NOT want it, REMOVE the checkmark when provided with the option OR download the toolbar-free or Slim versions instead of the Standard Build.
2. Before first use, select Options > Advanced and UNCHECK "Only delete files in Windows Temp folder older than 48 hours"
3. Then select the items you wish to clean up.
In the Windows Tab:

Clean all entries in the "Internet Explorer" section except Cookies if you want to keep those.
Clean all the entries in the "Windows Explorer" section.
Clean all entries in the "System" section.
Clean all entries in the "Advanced" section.
Clean any others that you choose.

In the Applications Tab: Clean all except cookies in the Firefox/Mozilla section if you use it.

Clean all in the Opera section if you use it.
Clean Sun Java in the Internet Section.
Clean any others that you choose.

4. Click the "Run Cleaner" button.
5. A pop up box will appear advising this process will permanently delete files from your system.
6. Click "OK" and it will scan and clean your system.
7. Click "exit" when done.

Please go here to run an online scannner from ESET:
  • Note: You will need to use Internet explorer for this scan
  • Tick the box next to YES, I accept the Terms of Use.
  • Click Start
  • When asked, allow the activex control to install
  • Click Start
  • Make sure that the option Remove found threats is unticked, and the option Scan unwanted applications is checked
  • Click Scan
  • Wait for the scan to finish
  • Use notepad to open the logfile located at C:\Program Files\EsetOnlineScanner\log.txt
  • Copy and paste that log as a reply to this topic, along with a new HijackThis log and a description of any remaining problems
Thanks
Posted Image

#5 Mista-M

Mista-M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2008 - 09:21 AM

Hi lusitano,

Many thanks for your quick reply and continued help with this problem.

I have downloaded and ran the programs u asked and have the requested logs, all except for the ESET online scan. For some reason it is not letting me run the scan, when I go to the site, I tick the box to accept the terms and then click start, but the box just vanishes then reappears again, I tick to accept the terms and click start again and the same happens over n over again. It wont move from that first terms and start box!! I'm not sure why its not running or maybe im doing something wrong, but it doesnt seem to want to start the scan. Is there any way around this? or anything else I should be doing to get it started??

Mbam found 1 trace of malware in a registry key and successfully removed this without prompting to reboot. The log for this is attached.

CCleaner also ran successfully and removed 20.9mb's of files. A lot of these seemed to be from the macromedia/flash player folder.

I have also run HijackThis again and a fresh log is also included below.

On a seperate note.. the system files i mentioned earlier, Kernel32.dll, winsock.dll and wsock32.dll are still in my avast virus chest along with a file called SetCC9A.tmp. What do u recommend I should do about/with these system files? it states "no virus" next to them.

The only other noticable effects at the moment are, boot up takes a long time and when the windows logo loads up on screen the sound cuts in and out an it flashes on an off the screen. Then when the desktop loads, the taskbar flashes white and disappears along with the desktop icons these then return after a few seconds, then the desktop goes blank and reappears twice straight after each other before any of the icons will appear in the system tray. ie volume, battery level, network, avast.

The logs u requested are all shown below.

Many Thanks again for ur help, I really appreciate it.

Here are the logs.

MBAM log..

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.12
Database version: 756

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 31325
Time elapsed: 4 minute(s), 40 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\affri (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

HijackThis log....

Scan saved at 14:52:17, on 17/05/2008

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O13 - Gopher Prefix:

--
End of file - 5978 bytes

Many Thanks

#6 lusitano

lusitano

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 04:52 AM

Hi

the system files i mentioned earlier, Kernel32.dll, winsock.dll and wsock32.dll are still in my avast virus chest along with a file called SetCC9A.tmp. What do u recommend I should do about/with these system files?

These files are legits.

The logs are clean. We need a online scan.

Temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any anti-malware real-time protection before performing a scan.

Please go HERE to run Panda's ActiveScan
  • Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button
  • A new window will open...click the Check Now button
  • Enter your Country
  • Enter your State/Province
  • Enter your e-mail address and click send
  • Select either Home User or Company
  • Click the big Scan Now button
  • If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
  • It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
  • When download is complete, click on My Computer to start the scan
  • When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location. Post the contents of the ActiveScan report

Posted Image

#7 Mista-M

Mista-M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 09:26 AM

Hi,

I have ran the panda scan as requested and the report is enclosed. It found 11 infected files most of which were tracking cookies, but also one that stated it was a Tracking Application (Hack Tools).

I did try to run the ESET one again after my previous post with no joy, it allowed me to install the active X control and then as it went to run the scan it said Error, with a message saying that I needed administrator permission to run the scan, even though I was signed in as an administrator!

thanks for your continued help with this.

Panda report

ANALYSIS: 2008-05-19 14:50:03
PROTECTIONS: 2
MALWARE: 8
SUSPECTS: 0
;***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
PROTECTIONS
Description Version Active Updated
;===================================================================================================================================================================================
avast! antivirus 4.8.1169 [VPS 080518-1] 4.8.1169 No Yes
Norton Internet Security 2007 No No
;===================================================================================================================================================================================
MALWARE
Id Description Type Active Severity Disinfectable Disinfected Location
00139061 Cookie/Doubleclick TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\oli@doubleclick[2].txt
00139061 Cookie/Doubleclick TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\oli@doubleclick[1].txt
00139064 Cookie/Atlas DMT TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\oli@atdmt[3].txt
00139064 Cookie/Atlas DMT TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\oli@atdmt[2].txt
00145738 Cookie/Mediaplex TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\oli@mediaplex[1].txt
00168090 Cookie/Serving-sys TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\oli@serving-sys[2].txt
00168093 Cookie/Serving-sys TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\oli@bs.serving-sys[1].txt
00169190 Cookie/Advertising TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\oli@advertising[3].txt
00169190 Cookie/Advertising TrackingCookie No 0 Yes No C:\Users\Oli\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies\Low\oli@advertising[1].txt
01176994 Bck/VB.XB Virus/Trojan No 0 No No C:\Users\Oli\Desktop\ComboFix.exe[327882R2FWJFW\NirCmdC.cfexe]
01185375 Application/Psexec.A HackTools No 0 Yes No C:\Windows\PSEXESVC.EXE
SUSPECTS
Sent Location .���&
VULNERABILITIES
Id Severity Description .���&

Regards.

#8 lusitano

lusitano

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:09 AM

Hi

Please download F-Secure Blacklight (fsbl.exe) and save to your C:\ drive.
  • Open a command window by going to Start > Run and typing: cmd
  • Copy/paste or type the following in the command window: C:\fsbl.exe /expert
  • Hit "Enter" to start the program and then close the cmd box.
  • Accept the user agreement and click "Next".
  • Click "Scan".
  • After the scan is complete, click "Next", then "Exit".
  • BlackLight will create a log in C:\ drive named "fsbl-xxxxxxx.log" (the xxxxxxx will be the date and time of the scan).
  • The log will have a list of all items found. Do not choose to rename any yet!
    I want to see the log first because legitimate items can also be present...like "wbemtest.exe" and "tcptest.exe.
  • Exit Blacklight and post the contents of the log in your next reply.
Also, please post a new HijackThis log.
Posted Image

#9 Mista-M

Mista-M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 10:43 AM

Hi lusitano,

I am attempting to download the F-secure backlight as u asked, but everytime I click to save it in my C:\Drive like u asked it comes up with the following message..

"C:\fsbl.exe
You don't have permission to save in this location contact the administrator or obtain permission, would you like to save in a different folder instead?"

Should i try to save this elsewhere? I haven't saved it anywhere else yet because I thought if I did the command prompt u asked me to type to run it afterwards wouldnt work as the file wouldnt of saved in c:\ .

Do you know how I can get permission to save this file in the c:\ drive? because I am signed in as the administrator already.

Thanks

#10 Mista-M

Mista-M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:13 AM

hi,

After posting my previous msg, I logged off and disconnected from the net. I then ran norton security inspector, (which checks for vunerabilities) and it dedected 2 high risk vunerabilities in sharing folders which shouldn't be shared. The 2 folders were ..

ADMIN$ at C:\Windows\
C$ at C:\

It has now fixed these and stopped then from being shared. This happened when i 1st got the virus and i fixed it straight away, since then i've been running tye security inspector to check it, its been fine up till the last time i ran it on 17/05/2008, So it must have been accessed since that date.

Maybe that had something to do with why i didnt have permission to save to the c/ drive all of a sudden!
should I reconnect to the net and try to download the F-Secure program again? to see if it allows me now that norton said it fixed the shared folders

regards

#11 lusitano

lusitano

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2008 - 04:16 AM

Hi, Lets try another tool.

Download GMER from here:
http://www.gmer.net/files.php

Unzip it to the desktop.

Open the program and click on the Rootkit tab.
Make sure all the boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for Show All.
Click on Scan.
When the scan has run click Copy and paste the results (if any) into this thread.
Posted Image

#12 Mista-M

Mista-M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:39 AM

Hi,

I managed to install and run the Gmer tool, and the results are enclosed along with a fresh hijackthis log.

Im having trouble in trying to access this site to post at the moment everytime I log on and click to view this post to reply, it takes me to the post but something keeps logging me out and then random words in the text are highlighted in blue like links n adverts boxes pop up if the mouse cursor hovers over them. I managed to get around it by logging in clicking to veiw the topic then when it logged me out and displayed the topic, I clicked reply and had to sign in again and the reply screen has now loaded.

Here are the logs.

Many thanks

GMER scan....

GMER 1.0.14.14205 - http://www.gmer.net
Rootkit scan 2008-05-20 11:15:02
Windows 6.0.6000

---- System - GMER 1.0.14 ----

SSDT 837EC8D8 ZwAlertResumeThread
SSDT 837EC240 ZwAlertThread
SSDT 83455BF0 ZwAllocateVirtualMemory
SSDT 838CD4B0 ZwConnectPort
SSDT 836C91C8 ZwCreateMutant
SSDT 8392EED0 ZwCreateThread
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS (avast! self protection module/ALWIL Software) ZwDuplicateObject [0x93E8D8AA]
SSDT 83455680 ZwFreeVirtualMemory
SSDT 83788688 ZwImpersonateAnonymousToken
SSDT 83788748 ZwImpersonateThread
SSDT 837883D0 ZwMapViewOfSection
SSDT 836CEDB8 ZwOpenEvent
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS (avast! self protection module/ALWIL Software) ZwOpenProcess [0x93E8D7C8]
SSDT 83858358 ZwOpenProcessToken
SSDT \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aswSP.SYS (avast! self protection module/ALWIL Software) ZwOpenThread [0x93E8D83C]
SSDT 8381B508 ZwOpenThreadToken
SSDT 83706958 ZwResumeThread
SSDT 8381B860 ZwSetContextThread
SSDT 8381B5F8 ZwSetInformationProcess
SSDT 836C9A88 ZwSetInformationThread
SSDT 834555E8 ZwSuspendProcess
SSDT 836C9E10 ZwSuspendThread
SSDT 8392EFD0 ZwTerminateProcess
SSDT 836C9EF0 ZwTerminateThread
SSDT 83455F70 ZwUnmapViewOfSection
SSDT 83455770 ZwWriteVirtualMemory

---- User IAT/EAT - GMER 1.0.14 ----

IAT C:\Windows\system32\services.exe[568] @ C:\Windows\system32\services.exe [ADVAPI32.dll!CreateProcessAsUserW] 00310002
IAT C:\Windows\system32\services.exe[568] @ C:\Windows\system32\services.exe [KERNEL32.dll!CreateProcessW] 00310000

---- Devices - GMER 1.0.14 ----

AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Tcp SYMTDI.SYS (Network Dispatch Driver/Symantec Corporation)
AttachedDevice \Driver\tdx \Device\Udp SYMTDI.SYS (Network Dispatch Driver/Symantec Corporation)

---- Registry - GMER 1.0.14 ----

Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\<
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\<@CacheSizeInMB 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\<@CacheStatus 2
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\<@USBVersion 131072
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\<@ReadSpeedKBs 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\<@WriteSpeedKBs 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\<@PhysicalDeviceSizeMB 476937
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\<@RecommendedCacheSizeMB 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\<@HasSlowRegions 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\<@DoRetestDevice 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\<@DeviceStatus 1
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\<@LastTestedTime 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 ...
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\?
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\?@CacheSizeInMB 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\?@CacheStatus 2
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\?@USBVersion 131072
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\?@ReadSpeedKBs 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\?@WriteSpeedKBs 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\?@PhysicalDeviceSizeMB 78520
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\?@RecommendedCacheSizeMB 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\?@HasSlowRegions 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\?@DoRetestDevice 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\?@DeviceStatus 1
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\?@LastTestedTime 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 ...
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\HH
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\HH@CacheSizeInMB 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\HH@CacheStatus 2
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\HH@USBVersion 131072
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\HH@ReadSpeedKBs 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\HH@WriteSpeedKBs 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\HH@PhysicalDeviceSizeMB 76316
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\HH@RecommendedCacheSizeMB 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\HH@HasSlowRegions 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\HH@DoRetestDevice 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\HH@DeviceStatus 1
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\HH@LastTestedTime 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 ...
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\u
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\u@CacheSizeInMB 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\u@CacheStatus 2
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\u@USBVersion 131072
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\u@ReadSpeedKBs 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\u@WriteSpeedKBs 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\u@PhysicalDeviceSizeMB 152625
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\u@RecommendedCacheSizeMB 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\u@HasSlowRegions 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\u@DoRetestDevice 0
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\u@DeviceStatus 1
Reg HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\EMDMgmt\u@LastTestedTime 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 ...

---- EOF - GMER 1.0.14 ----

HijackThis log.....

Scan saved at 11:18:04, on 20/05/2008

Running processes:

O13 - Gopher Prefix:
O16 - DPF: {2D8ED06D-3C30-438B-96AE-4D110FDC1FB8} (ActiveScan 2.0 Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/cabs/as2stubie.cab
O16 - DPF: {56762DEC-6B0D-4AB4-A8AD-989993B5D08B} (OnlineScanner Control) - http://www.eset.eu/OnlineScanner.cab

--
End of file - 6166 bytes

Thanks again for your time and help!!!

#13 lusitano

lusitano

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:23 AM

Hello,

Your logs appear to be clean.

Can you please update your antivirus and then run a full scan. Let it quarantine/delete anything it finds. Let me know if there is anything that it reports but can not remove.

Also, please let me know how your computer its running.
Posted Image

#14 Mista-M

Mista-M
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:06 AM

Hi,

I updated my java to update 6, then scanned my computer with avast with up to date definitions and the only things it found was a Win32:ctx virus/worm in the panda online scanner controls, I think this is a false positive though due to panda not encrypting its definitions. Avast has also automatically put the same 3 system files (I mentioned in a previous post) back in the virus chest, kernel32.dll, winsock.dll and wsock32.dll. I restored these back into the system before after u advised they were all legit, i'm not sure why it keeps quarentening them.?

apart from those files nothing else was found, except it says a number of folders could not be scanned as it did not have permission so "access was denied"

My Computer seems to be running a bit better now, although i'm still suffering the same problems on boot up, ie. the sound jumps and cuts in and out when the windows icon is loading, login screen appears then goes completely white b4 reappearing with the box to type the password to log on, then when the desktop loads it goes white and flashes on and off b4 displaying the screen properly as if something is trying 2 run. This only started to happen after my system had been infected, most notably after two tratBHO infected dll files were removed but the registry entries it created were still attempting to run the files that had been deleted, at that point the desktop would flash twice before displaying the error msgs that the files were missing. Since then Combofix fixed those registry entries so I no longer get any error msg but the desktop is still going white and flashing on and off in the same manner.

thanks for your continued help and support with this.

Regards

Edited by Mista-M, 21 May 2008 - 07:09 AM.

#15 lusitano

lusitano

• Members
  • 1,443 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2008 - 08:56 AM

i'm not sure why it keeps quarentening them.?

Me neither. Only the avast guys can answer to that.

This only started to happen after my system had been infected, most notably after two tratBHO infected dll files were removed but the registry entries it created were still attempting to run the files that had been deleted

Cant see these files on the logs! If you now what keys are, you can delete them.

desktop is still going white and flashing on and off

Since your logs are clea, i suggest you to look for a better help about the desktop issue on the Windows Vista Forum.

Below are some steps to follow in order to dramatically lower the chances of reinfection
You may have already implemented some of the steps below, however you should follow any steps that you have not already implemented
  • Follow the instructions here for Windows Vista to disable and then reenable system restore in order to clear old restore points:
    http://www.pchell.com/virus/systemrestore.shtml
    Note: only do this once, and not on a regular basis
  • Download and install an antivirus program, and make sure that you keep it updated
    New viruses come out every minute, so it is essential that you have the latest signatures for your antivirus program to provide you with the best possible protection from malicious software
    Two good antivirus programs free for non-commercial home use are Avast! and Antivir
    Two good paid for antivirus programs are NOD32 and Bitdefender
    Note: You should only have one antivirus installed at a time. Having more than one antivirus program installed at once is likely to cause conflicts and may well decrease your overall protection as well as impairing the performance of your PC.
  • Make sure you install all the security updates for Windows, Internet explorer & Microsoft Office
    Whenever a security problem in its software is found, Microsoft will usually create a patch for it to that after the patch is installed, attackers can't use the vulnerability to install malicious software on your PC, so keeping up with these patches will help to prevent malicious software being installed on your PC
    Go here to check for & install updates to Microsoft applications
    Note: The update process uses activex, so you will need to use internet explorer for it, and allow the activex control that it wants to install
  • Keep your non-Microsoft applications updated as well
    Microsoft isn't the only company whose products can contain security vulnerabilities, to check for other vulnerable programs running on your PC that are in need of an update, you can use the Secunia Software Inspector - I suggest that you run it at least once a month
  • Make Internet Explorer more secure
    Click Start > Run
    Type Inetcpl.cpl & click OK
    Click on the Security tab
    Click Reset all zones to default level
    Make sure the Internet Zone is selected & Click Custom level
    In the ActiveX section, set the first two options ("Download signed and unsigned ActiveX controls) to "Prompt", and ("Initialize and Script ActiveX controls not marked as safe") to "Disable".
    Next Click OK, then Apply button and then OK to exit the Internet Properties page.
  • Install SpywareBlaster & make sure to update it regularly
    SpywareBlaster sets killbits in the registry to prevent known malicious activex controls from installing themselves on your computer.
    If you don't know what activex controls are, see here
    You can download SpywareBlaster from here
  • Install and use Spybot Search & Destroy
    Instructions are located here
    Make sure you update, reimmunize & scan regularly
  • Make use of the HOSTS file included with Spybot Search & Destroy
    Every version of windows includes a hosts file as part of them. A hosts file is a bit like a phone book, it points to the actual numeric address (i.e. the IP address) from the human friendly name of a website. This feature can be used to block malicious websites
    Spybot Search & Destroy has a good HOSTS file built in, to enable the HOSTS file in Spybot Search & Destroy
    • Run Spybot Search & Destroy
    • Click on Mode, and then place a tick next to Advanced mode
    • Click Yes
    • In the left hand pane of Spybot Search & Destroy, click on Tools, and then on Hosts File
    • Click on Add Spybot-S&D hosts list
    Note: On some PCs, having a custom HOSTS file installed can cause a significant slowdown. Following these instructions should resolve the issue
    • Click Start > Run
    • Type services.msc & click OK
    • In the list, find the service called DNS Client & double click on it.
    • On the dropdown box, change the setting from automatic to manual.
    • Click OK & then close the Services window
    For a more detailed explanation of the HOSTS file, click here
  • Install a-squared Free & update and scan with it regularly
    a-squared free is a product from Emsi Software provided free for private use that can detect and remove a variety of malicious software. You can get it here
    Note: If you have a dialup internet connection, you may also like to install a-squared Anti-Dialer which provides some real time protection against premium rate dialers
  • Finally I am trying to make one point very clear. It is absolutely essential to keep all of your security programs up to date
Glad i was able to help and please let me know if you still need assistence.Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users