Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone Tried to Mix Linksys and Belkin Hardware?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mickeyw3340

mickeyw3340

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:19 PM

I bought a Belkin Wireless Print Server. I have my LinkSys system up and working fine, Internet and file and printer sharing. Wireless Broadband on the desktop downstairs. Laptop upstairs working fine. No matter what I do even with the printer and Belkin unit sitting three feet from the Broadband wireless unit, the setup for the Belkin says it can't find the wireless network. I have about decided just to take the Belkin back to Office Max and get my money back. The wireless Printing is not really a necessity other than SWMBO doesn't want to have to walk downstairs to get stuff off the printer. Go Figure??????
In summary has anyone experienced unresolvable conflict when mixing manufacturers?
......Mickey ....
LinkSys Wireless Home Network.
LinkSys Broadband Router
2 Desktop PCs ...One Laptop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mickeyw3340

mickeyw3340
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 PM

Posted 29 March 2005 - 10:49 AM

Well, I returned it. You don't find many networkers that are using them yet, and they are hard to find in the electronic stores, most of them don't even carry them yet. I had one of them deals at Office Max where there is an Office Max shopping bag in the news paper and you can get 15% off everything you can fit in the bag. I went there looking for print cartridges, and they had this one Belkin unit, so I thought I would try it. They all cost in the 90 to 100 dollar rnage that I have seen on the Internet web sites. You can get a Broadband Wireless unit for less than 50 bucks, and the wireless printer units are twice that. What is so different in the technology that they have to be double the price ? Emerging technology is my guess.

Thanks for your help.
......Mickey ....
LinkSys Wireless Home Network.
LinkSys Broadband Router
2 Desktop PCs ...One Laptop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users