Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adding Wordpad To The Right Click New List

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 heavyjavadrinker

heavyjavadrinker

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:49 PM

i'm using Windows XP home edition and a while back i wanted to delete Oultook express from the
add/remove windows components list. i didnt know how to use it correctly because the instructions are
vague. what i ended up doing was deleting everything but outlook express.

anyway, i've figured out how to restore everything back to normal; everything except WORDPAD.

i read online that you can add wordpad.exe to the C:/program files/windows nt/accessories folder

i did this and now my existing wordpad files will launch, but i don't have the option to
right click the desktop and click on NEW and choose wordpad from that list.

also the icons look different.

Posted Image

can anyone help me correct this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:19 PM

You could try ShellExView. It allows you to edit your context menus.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 heavyjavadrinker

heavyjavadrinker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 PM

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:11 AM

is there a way to add wordpad back to xp with add/remove windows components? i don't see an option on there.
it removes it no problem; but then how do you reinstall it just as easily?

i'm sure someone else has made this mistake before.

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 07 May 2008 - 12:35 AM

If you have the i386 directory on your computer locate the wordpad.inf file, right-click on it and select Install. If you don't have the i386 directory on your machine you should be able to find the wordpad.inf file on your Windows CD.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users