Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ie 7 Error Msg - Ie Problem Or Spyware?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 eha

eha

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:08 PM

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else encounter this problem?

I have this error message whenever I open my IE7. It will appear on every tab/webpage that I open. I have already tried reinstalling windows a few days back and it was fine until I opened IE7 today.

Here's a picture of the error.

Posted Image

I googled around and try disabling add-ons to see and realised if I disable this activex, the error message doesn't appear.

Posted Image

The search results for blingen.dll indicates it's a virus?? Till now I have no idea how to remove it.

I tried scanning with spyware, antivirus, etc but they did not detect the blingen.dll. I am at a loss of what to do now? I can reinstall my windows but am sure the problem will persist. I tried deleting it with Malwarebtyes but every time I restart IE or reboot, it will appear again.

Can someone pls advise me on what to do?

Edit: Moved topic from Web Browsing to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:37 PM

You are probably right about it being a virus. I think that you would get better results if you re-post this issue in the "Am I infected, What do I do now" thread in the Security section. Maleware experts can better advise you on how to remove it.
They are usually pretty busy but they will respond as quickly as they can.

Edited by douglas martin, 05 May 2008 - 05:38 PM.

Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#3 eha

eha
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

Is there a way to move this thread to the other forum?

Update: I have been scanning with several softwares. So far, Spy Sweeper detected a trojan horse all other programs did not detect. The name is "trojan-winbudget". Used spy sweeper to quarantine and removed the trojan. Checked IE again and realised the Activex is not there but the Blingen.dll still remains.

Softwares used:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
CCleaner
Windowwasher
AVG Anti-virus 8.0
Adware 2007
Spy Sweeper
Spy Bot

After rebooting OS, the Activex reappeared.

Edited by eha, 05 May 2008 - 07:09 PM.

#4 OldGrumpyBastard

OldGrumpyBastard

• Members
  • 781 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:35 AM

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:22 AM

The easiest way would be to PM one of the moderators and ask them to move it for you, or just open up a new topic there and try to cut and paste your first post here. I've never tried it that way but it should work (by theory of course).
Does this look like an OldGrumpyBastard or what?

#5 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:42 PM

The easiest way would be to PM one of the moderators and ask them to move it for you,

there is a section ON the forum for such requests to be made
see

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/137145/bleeping-computer-tidiness/

you could try running superantispyware http://www.superantispyware.com/superantis...efreevspro.html

exe is http://www.superantispyware.com/downloadfi...ANTISPYWAREFREE

download the program fully update the definitions; reboot computer in to safe mode and run the scan from its desktop icon on a full deep computer scan; when completed it will create a log report;

click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.
copy and paste the Scan Log results for review
Click Close to exit the program.

Edited by ruby1, 06 May 2008 - 12:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users