Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Devito Intro

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ron Devito

Ron Devito

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:51 PM

I stumbled upon this website while researching various hardware/software problems (which I'll post about in separate posts).

I design CAT-5e and fiber optic LANS for a major utility in New York City with prior experience being LAN administration and desktop support dating back to 1992. I had been custom-building my computers for about the last 10 years or so, with the last one being done a few weeks ago. I've always "over-built" partially to forestall obsolescence. For what it's worth, I have an expired CCNA and an MCSE on Win2K and NT4. I let the certs go while pursuing an MBA. I let some of my hardware and advanced OS skills go and that rust might reflect in my forthcoming posts. Even though I'm an old hand, today's hardware is much more demanding, and -- well -- even us geeks can use a little help sometimes.

My other interests include flying airplanes and fishing. One of the reasons I built the current system is for flight simulation to help keep me proficient during those times when I'm not flying (it's gotten quite expensive).

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 PM

Posted 06 May 2008 - 04:48 AM

:thumbsup: to BC!

Enjoy your stay :flowers:

David

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 AM

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:12 AM

Blink twice and you are way behind as hardware technology evolves.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users