Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help! Double Errors!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Darran

Darran

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 AM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:21 PM

Hi All,

I have two error codes that I'm having serious problems with, these are: 0X80072EE7 (Microsoft Update) and 0X8024402F (Windows Defender).

I've spent ages researching these and applying various combinations of fixes including removing/re-installing all forms of protection utilities, changing host files, guided help from Microsoft and so on.

I've read hours worth of posts on various forums and nothing I've tried so far seems to work.

I'm running Windows XP Media Edition with AVG Antivirus and Windows firewall. I was also running Ad-Aware SE Personal, Spybot Search & Destroy 1.3 and CCleaner but I have un-installed these at present in an attempt to fix my problem.

If anyone could help me you'd quite literally be saving my computer's life as we've nearly reached the pitch it through the window stage.

Thanks in advance, Darran.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PropagandaPanda

PropagandaPanda

• Malware Response Team
  • 10,433 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 AM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:06 PM

Hello.

Where had you seen these errors? Was it on your event logs? If so, please copy the entire error. Any further info at all would be helpful. When do these errors occur and under what conditions? What happens as a result of the errors.

Could you please list exactly what you have already tried? We don't want to spend time suggesting fixes that you've already tried.

If anyone could help me you'd quite literally be saving my computer's life as we've nearly reached the pitch it through the window stage.

No! Don't do it :thumbsup: . Hopefully we can find a solution.

With Regards,
The Panda

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users