I have a machine that was riddled with malware/viruses which has since been cleaned. Problem know is it will not connect to certain sites. I am unable to connect to the following sites:
windowsupdate.microsoft.com/ (and other variations)
www.eset.com (also unable to update defs)
I'm sure there are some others but those are the ones I have tried. Also I am not able to run ComboFix.exe without renaming to something else like Ex. iexploere.exe. After renaming it works fine so something is also blocking apps by name.
I have reset the network, firewall and host file along with flushing the DNS. I checked through the registry for any thing that would prevent these site from loading/connecting. What else is there that can block particular sites from connecting.
**UPDATE** I got it, there was another gremlin running and NOD32 killed. Had to pull the drive and slave it to another PC then ran NOD32 on that drive. I am now able to access those sites :D
Infection found: windows\system32\drivers\clbdriver.sys (Win32/Rootkit.Agent.AII trojan)
Edited by mmicrosysm, 05 May 2008 - 12:43 PM.