Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Speakers Don't Work

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fabfab

fabfab

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:14 AM

my speakers are connected to a subwoofer and the black subwoofer is connected to the rear black plug-in. There is a popup saying that this black connection is the rear speaker out. The blue monitor plug is connected to the rear green; popup says it is the front speaker out.

This way I have sound from the monitor's speaker but my speakers don't work at all Why? Many thanks for your help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,407 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

What is the make and model of the sound card that you are using?

Is you speaker system a 2.1?

Usually the blue jack is an input.

Have you tried plugging into the green output jack?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:48 PM

What kind of computer is this? Does it have HD audio? If so the outputs can be configured anyway you want through the software. What kind of Speakers are you using?

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

#4 fabfab

fabfab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 PM

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:03 PM

will check all these details but it all used to work ok until I moved them to another room (because of silly Virgin broadband) and back again. Green connected to green wouldn't work. What else could I do with black (subwoofer; make advent, 6 mths old, same for speakers, comp: acer aspire M1100, also 6 months old). Connected and disconnected everything a few times because of problems with Virgin which kept telling me that the disconnection problem was due to my gear. My gear my you know what. Last time I moved the whole system to the living room I was so cheesed off I forgot to pay attention to the original connection. Now my speakers don't work.

I know sound card OK. Thanks a million for all your help in advance.

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:39 PM

You could go to the speaker makers website, see if there is an instruction manual for
your speaker model.

#6 Sneakycyber

Sneakycyber

Network Engineer

• BC Advisor
  • 6,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:56 PM

powered speakers? Did you remember to plug in the power cord?

Edited by Sneakycyber, 06 May 2008 - 02:56 PM.

Chad Mockensturm 

Systems and Network Engineer

Certified CompTia Network +, A +

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users