Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Two Versions Overlapping?possible?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 greybuffalo

greybuffalo

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 05:12 AM

Hi there,
when my computer slows down radically,and I look in"Task manager" i see that there are two iexplorer.exe running and just explorer.exe,files running that are really using a lot of memory.
Is it possible that I have two Internet iexplorer programes running on top of one another?should I have both of these or just one?
If I deleted one,just to find out,I might wipe myself out and not be able to get my computer going again???
Any idea's or should I have two files doing that?,so thats 2 x iexplore.exe and 1 x explore.exe?

Edited by greybuffalo, 05 May 2008 - 05:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:54 AM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:42 AM

FWIW: Explorer.exe is one thing (Windows), while iexplore.exe is another (Internet Explorer)...and iexplorer.exe is not a valid Windows process.

http://www.liutilities.com/products/wintas...rary/iexplorer/

You mention all three of these in your post...we need to know (accurately) what is reflected in the Task Manager window.

Louis

#3 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,703 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:54 AM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:50 AM

1.You should have explorer.exe running all the time. It is not related to IE as hamluis mentioned.

2. iexplore.exe is the IE process. It runs when you run IE and ends running when you close IE.

3. If you have more web pages simultaneously open you have more instances of iexplore.exe in the task-manager. It doesn't mean you have more Internet Explorer on your system at the top of each other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users