Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Do I Have A Worm?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 allen446

allen446

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:09 AM

Any window in my computer scrolls automatically by itself. What may be the problem? Any kind of virus/worm?
When I open any browser window, windows program window like notepad, wordpad or anything,. the page scrolls up and down or horizontally in a haphazard manner without the use of the mouse scroll wheel. It happens for a few mintutes stops for awhile then it does it again and again. I could not browse, type or do anything. What may be the problem for this? Any virus / worm attact? Please suggest a remedy to clear this problem. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:09 AM

could even be a simple mouse problem per ce
however welcom to this site :thumbsup:

to help us could you please tell us your windows version, your anitvirus protection program , what other protection programs are on board, and when you last fully updated and ran them all on fully deep scans ..please

#3 allen446

allen446
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for answering I have Norton Internet Security 2006, scanned it this morning, its a bit out dated Iam working on getting it updated, I have windows xp. If its the mouse how can I check, do I try plugging in a new mouse? thanks

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:51 PM

Thanks for answering I have Norton Internet Security 2006, scanned it this morning, its a bit out dated Iam working on getting it updated, I have windows xp. If its the mouse how can I check, do I try plugging in a new mouse? thanks

with respect; if it IS 'out of date'.................... by how much..days ..weeks or months ?

you will NOT be properly protected on there unless the av is FULLY up to date

you COULD change the mouse and see what effect that has but MY suspicion is that you have an infection on there ; have you managed to look IN your mouse controls to see if anything is 'not as it should be '?

try running an on line scan from trend to see if it fishes up anything untoward?

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/uk/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users