Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tracing A Mobile Cell Phone Number

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 chandannasta

chandannasta

• Banned
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:05 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:45 PM

Guys I would like to know how are the cell phones traced? If you want to know any cell number's address how can you know it without going to the service provider and asking for it? Cant we find for it online like vodafone, airtel, BPL.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:45 PM

I don't think you can just trace where any cell phone number is registered without going through the Service Provider. And even if you went through them, it is almost certainly impossible that they would just hand it to you... due to privacy issues etc. Only through court order, I guess... or if you work at a senior role in the Secret Service!

#3 JacksonT

JacksonT

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:47 PM

There is a simple one here: http://aruljohn.com/phonelookup.pl

#4 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:10:35 PM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:27 AM

Sorry. Most cannot track back a cell phone number unless that individual has openly listed such with their service provider.

Using the link that JacksonT provided above might show you the carrier and the general area. But that's about all. Maybe.

/example: I put my real cell numbers into that link, and received the wrong carriers and the wrong areas.

//There are some agencies that can track a cell # anywhere and at any time.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#5 chandannasta

chandannasta
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:52 AM

How to know the addresses of Indian cell contact numbers?

#6 Kiran India

Kiran India

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 03:26 AM

There is no way you can know address cell phone number!
You can know particular cell number address through proper channel ( Police )

#7 chandannasta

chandannasta
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 02:44 PM

I dont think so its only through police there must be some software or soemthing which you can download it and search for the addresses like in case for US u have a site the same way may be for mumbai also liek for landline contact numbers there is MTNL so for vodafone cell contact numbers also there may be a site which internal members can check it out easily but not external members. I would like to know that internal site which internal members could check

#8 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 AM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:02 PM

there must be some software or soemthing which you can download it and search for the addresses like in case for US u have a site the same way... I would like to know that internal site which internal members could check

I don't think there is such a software or website. I have never heard of this internal or external thing. It doesn't matter whether you belong to the same service or not, or you don't at all. Just because I am a user of a particular network and I've registered myself, for example, on their site it doesn't mean I can have information on other member's details, unless the user specifically permits...

Anyway, why? Why would you want to trace someone's address? Just wondering.

#9 chandannasta

chandannasta
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:46 PM

I dont want to trace it. I just want to know who gives missed calls to me. Whose the person who just gives missed calls and hangs the phone most of the times the numbers keep on changing. So just wanted to find out is it any of the gals in my group who are trying to play a prank on me.

#10 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:52 PM

Why not call the number that is a 'missed call' back and ask them? Since you say you just bought a new phone in another thread. It is possible that the calls you are getting are from the previous owner of that number. Telephone numbers are reused.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users