Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spyware/adware Infection, Might Be Webhancer Related

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Strenghofone

Strenghofone

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:57 PM

I have a group of adware on my computer. I'm not sure which one is the culprit though. I keep getting messages saying that I'm infected with spyware (which are fake I believe), and want me to download anti-spyware products. There are I think 3 different messages that appear, and they seem to dissapear before I can copy them down or remember them. Also, it changes my desktop backround to say:

Warning: Spyware threat has been detected on your PC.

Your computer has several fatal errors due to Spyware activity.

It is strongly recommended to install an antispyware software to close all security vulnerbilities.

Antispyware software helps protect your PC against spyware and other security threats.

CLICK HERE TO SCAN YOUR PC FOR SPYWARE...

Also, at times there's a popup that shows two spyware products. I think this also appears if you click on the other warnings (not sure though). Here's the link to it: http://winsecuritysolutions.com/?aid=.

Here and there, a window pops up (supposedly from Windows Security Center) saying that the computer is infected with TrojanDownloader. Weird thing is that it asks to install antispyware, and other things about spyware. This is the biggest hint that it is a fake message. The are two other messages (the box is mainly red) that show a type of spyware that's supposedly infected infected my computer (which I think is fake also).

I'm running an XP Service Pack 2. My security is Nortan Internet Security (which my subscription has expired). I also have McAfee on my computer, but it doesn't really do much, and is amlost always in the hide part of my system tray. I've scanned with Panda Software's ActiveScan 2.0 (paid version), and I've scanned with Ad-aware numerious times. Ad-aware doesn't seem to detect the program or sttempts to delete it, yet it does nothing. Panda's scan has detected numerious adware programs, but can not disinfect them because they're in the regristry (except for one, but it keeps coming back). I've also tried a Webhancer removal tool from Symantec, but it didn't do anything.

Now, earlier today, I've been able with the help of a friend to get on to an Admin account, locate the adware in the regristry, and deleted them. Unfortunately, they seemed to be there on my computer when I logged back on my normal account.

Edited by Strenghofone, 04 May 2008 - 05:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:36 PM

:thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer

Step #1

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Step #2

Please follow the steps below so we can make sure you're cleaned properly:

Download HijackThis™ here:
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/th.../hijackthis.php

Click 'Do a System Scan and Save log'. The HJT log will open in notepad. Don't try to fix anything yourself.

Copy and paste the contents of the HJT log into a NEW TOPIC in "HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal"
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Also include a link to this topic. Please be patient as our HJT team members work on serveral forums and are very busy.

Also you can read the Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:01 PM

you seem to have two antivirus programs on there ,albeit one is out of date;
nevertheless they will be fighting each other and NOT your infections
and which version OF adaware are you presently running?

if you wish to remove the Norton you will need the removal tool http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgen...005033108162039

once Norton is off you may find your Macafee CAN do some work assuming you have fully updated it?
maybe post back here your malawarebytes scan log for checking to keep you out of the busy HJTformus

see how you progress with only ONE antivirus program on board?

#4 Strenghofone

Strenghofone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:29 PM

Here's my MBAM log:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.11
Database version: 716

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 53558
Time elapsed: 25 minute(s), 41 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 31
Registry Values Infected: 2
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 10
Files Infected: 48

Memory Processes Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmsdkns.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{15651c7c-e812-44a2-a9ac-b467a2233e7d} (Adware.123Mania) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{622cc208-b014-4fe0-801b-874a5e5e403a} (Adware.123Mania) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\{f663b917-591f-4172-8d87-3d7d729007ca} (Adware.Batco) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bat.batbho (Adware.Batco) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\bat.batbho.1 (Adware.Batco) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{63f7460b-c831-4142-a4aa-5ec303ec4343} (Adware.Batco) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{63f7460b-c831-4142-a4aa-5ec303ec4343} (Adware.Batco) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\{d279bc2b-a85b-4559-8fd9-ddc55f5d402d} (Adware.Batco) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Typelib\{b80a3586-caa5-41c8-89bf-e617f0b6cfbf} (Adware.Batco) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{9c5b2f29-1f46-4639-a6b4-828942301d3e} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{ffff0001-0002-101a-a3c9-08002b2f49fb} (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{00000250-0320-4dd4-be4f-7566d2314352} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{13197ace-6851-45c3-a7ff-c281324d5489} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{4e1075f4-eec4-4a86-add7-cd5f52858c31} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{4e7bd74f-2b8d-469e-92c6-ce7eb590a94d} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5929cd6e-2062-44a4-b2c5-2c7e78fbab38} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5dafd089-24b1-4c5e-bd42-8ca72550717b} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{5fa6752a-c4a0-4222-88c2-928ae5ab4966} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{8674aea0-9d3d-11d9-99dc-00600f9a01f1} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{965a592f-8efa-4250-8630-7960230792f1} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{cf021f40-3e14-23a5-cba2-717765728274} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{fc3a74e5-f281-4f10-ae1e-733078684f3c} (Fake.Dropped.Malware.Renos) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\uninstall (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MsSecurity1.209.4 (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Purchased Products (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\BATCO (Adware.Batco) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Batco (Adware.Batco) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AppID\bat.DLL (Adware.Batco) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Management\ARPCache\Bat (Adware.Batco) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Bat (Adware.Batco) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Outerinfo (Adware.PurityScan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{e1adb94e-0dc6-487c-b274-981bee6301a1} (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Microsoft Windows Installer (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\wmsdkns.exe -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SalesMonitor (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SalesMonitor\Data (Rogue.Multiple) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rabio\Search Enhancer (Adware.SearchEnhancer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\WinAnonymous (Rogue.WinAnonymous) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\WinAnonymous\Logs (Rogue.WinAnonymous) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rabio (Adware.Rabio) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\winpcdoctor (Rogue.WinPCDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\winpcdoctor\Data (Rogue.WinPCDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\winpcdoctor (Rogue.WinPCDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\winpcdoctor\Logs (Rogue.WinPCDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\setup_en[1].exe (Rogue.Installer) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\WinAnonymous\Logs\update.log (Rogue.WinAnonymous) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\winpcdoctor\Data\ac (Rogue.WinPCDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\winpcdoctor\Data\em (Rogue.WinPCDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\winpcdoctor\Data\oid (Rogue.WinPCDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\winpcdoctor\Data\user (Rogue.WinPCDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\winpcdoctor\Logs\update.log (Rogue.WinPCDoctor) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wmsdkns.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\lfn.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\avifile32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\avisynthex32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\aviwrap32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\bjam.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\bokja.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\browserad.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\cdsm32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\changeurl_30.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\didduid.ini (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\msa64chk.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\msapasrc.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\mspphe.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\123messenger.per (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\mssvr.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ntnut.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\saiemod.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\shdocpe.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\shdocpl.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\stcloader.exe (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\swin32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\voiceip.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\winsb.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\2020search.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\2020search2.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\apphelp32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\asferror32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\asycfilt32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\athprxy32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ati2dvaa32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\ati2dvag32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\audiosrv32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\autodisc32.dll (Fake.Dropped.Malware) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\licencia.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\telefonos.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\textos.txt (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winfrun32.bin (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Yazzle1552OinAdmin.exe (Adware.PurityScan) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\Bat - Auto Update.lnk (Adware.Batco) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Temp\laf1.exe (Trojan.Zlob) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

#5 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:31 PM

It looks like Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware got a lot of the infection you have!
Do you now only have 1 anti virus installed? And if so, which one?

Edited by SpySentinel, 04 May 2008 - 06:32 PM.

Posted Image

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#6 Strenghofone

Strenghofone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:34 PM

you seem to have two antivirus programs on there ,albeit one is out of date;
nevertheless they will be fighting each other and NOT your infections
and which version OF adaware are you presently running?

if you wish to remove the Norton you will need the removal tool http://service1.symantec.com/Support/tsgen...005033108162039

once Norton is off you may find your Macafee CAN do some work assuming you have fully updated it?
maybe post back here your malawarebytes scan log for checking to keep you out of the busy HJTformus

see how you progress with only ONE antivirus program on board?

I'm using the regular version that can be downloaded (not Plus). I downloaded it a few days ago, so it should be pretty up-to-date.

As for my 2 securities, Norton DOES seem to do more for me than McAfee, so I want to wait a little before removing it...

#7 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:36 PM

As for my 2 securities, Norton DOES seem to do more for me than McAfee, so I want to wait a little before removing it...

In that case, if you feel Norton does more for you, you can remove McAfee if you want. Having two Anti-Virus programs installed is not a good idea. Also, how is your computer running? Do you still get popups?
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

My security is Nortan Internet Security (which my subscription has expired). I also have McAfee on my computer, but it doesn't really do much, and is amlost always in the hide part of my system tray.

can you get the norton to function? if so, fully update it I suggest you might wish to remove macaffee

then run a full system scan with Norton
the golden rule ON antivirus programs is to have only ONE installed else they with wvy for computer supremicy ( and slow you down)and NOT fight your infections

#9 Strenghofone

Strenghofone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:47 PM

In that case, if you feel Norton does more for you, you can remove McAfee if you want. Having two Anti-Virus programs installed is not a good idea. Also, how is your computer running? Do you still get popups?

Actually, after I restarted the computer, all symptoms have seem to be gone. :thumbsup:

I'll take off McAfee if it's causing more harm than good.

Thanks for all of your help! :flowers:

Edited by Strenghofone, 04 May 2008 - 06:49 PM.

#10 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:50 PM

Actually, after I restarted the computer, all symptoms have seem to be gone.

I'll take off McAfee if it's causing more harm than good.

Thanks for all of your help!

Your welcome, glad we could help. If your symptoms return, then post back and we can have you post a HJT Log so our HJT Team can have a look!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:01 PM

you are cleaned within 2 hours? :thumbsup:

just a thought but have you looked in system restore too to clean it out?

and DO run a full update with Norton please :flowers:

#12 Strenghofone

Strenghofone
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:02 PM

I'm just wondering: How do you get rid of McAfee? :thumbsup:

#13 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:08 PM

Did you try going to Add/Remove programs?

If that does not work try this:

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx...083&lc=1033
Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:09 PM

I'm just wondering: How do you get rid of McAfee? :trumpet:

hopefully a :thumbsup: easier than norton :flowers:

try add/remove programs but make sure it has been disabled first ; OR try dear old system restore

#15 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:11 PM

take my word for it the removal tool is necessary
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users