Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Am I Infected?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tim1971

Tim1971

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:37 AM

I am new to this, please be gentle! I have a HP with Windows XP. I have Earthlink DSL and use McAfee for protection. When I turn on my computer and it boots up my Desk Top goes to a blue background with a warning Spyware detected on your computer! Install a antivirus or spyware remover to clean your computer. I have run Microsoft, Mcafee and Earthlink and cannot get rid of this message. If a click on properties and go to Desktop and click on a different Background picture it works until I start my computer up again and then it's there again. I also have a problem with my screensaver. I have some sort of a blackster bug program, that I don't know how it got there, that will run until I change to something else, but when I start my computer up again it will take over again. The screen saver program is Bugs! by Peters Productions but I cannot get rid of it! HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:44 PM

:thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer

Step #1

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Step #2

Please follow the steps below so we can make sure you're cleaned properly:

Download HijackThis™ here:
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/th.../hijackthis.php

Click 'Do a System Scan and Save log'. The HJT log will open in notepad. Don't try to fix anything yourself.

Copy and paste the contents of the HJT log into a NEW TOPIC in "HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal"
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Also include a link to this topic. Please be patient as our HJT team members work on serveral forums.

Also you can read the Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#3 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:53 PM

or, maybe to keep you out of the very busy HJT forums post just the malawarebytes log here for checking by the Team ..............

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:40 PM

Look for me at the first light on the fifth day

I think Gandalf and the riders of Rohan have arrived
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users