Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Compaq For Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 benny269

benny269

• Members
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:18 AM

Hello

I bought a Compaq V5000 from abroad. It turned out to have a corrupt copy of Windows and what quickly became slow and eventually unusable. I decided to use Ubuntu as a way of keeping it functional but even this seems to be struggling with bugs and issues perhaps with the software or perhaps the hardware. I want to try and save it so that it can be used at least for home office applications and surfing the internet etc.

I would like some help in finding out what its current spec is as I can't seem to find anything helpful at the Compaq site. Once this is clear, I would like advice and ideas as to if it is possible/worthwhile to upgrade the CPU and/or RAM in order to achieve what I want.

Any help or alternate suggestions is welcome and appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:37 AM

Compaq Presario V5207TU has Processor Intel Core Solo T1350 RAM 512 and Compaq Presario V5207TU has Combo Drive ,Display Screen(Inch) 15.4 .This Compaq Laptop has Operating System FreeDos and warranty of 1 years

this is what I found at an Indian website

Edited by DaChew, 04 May 2008 - 11:39 AM.

Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users