Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Memory Upgrade.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dave Richardson

Dave Richardson

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:01:21 PM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:59 AM

I bought a matched pair of 2 x 1ghb OCZ Special ops urban elite edition installed on my my pc, then a friend sold me a working pair of 2 x1ghb OCZ Platinum revised edition, I added the second pair to my pc thus giving me 4 ghb in total.

my pc now only shows 3070 mb installed is this correct ??

cheers Dave

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  • Local time:08:21 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:07 AM

32 bit OS's cannot see a full 4 gigs, it's one of their design limitations, 4 gigs is the most they can address and some of those addresses have to be reserved for core windows functions like video memory mapping

64 bit OS's can address much more than the chipsets can support or motherboards can physically hold

Edited by DaChew, 04 May 2008 - 11:08 AM.

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users