Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Service Pack Can Solve My Problem?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sreeram

Sreeram

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:56 AM

Hi,

Recently I've purcahsed Sony-Vaio laptop with Vista Home Premium preinstalled. Everything fine except the following.

Everytime when I am trying to shutdown the PC, it is always giving the default option as SLEEP in the list. How can I change this to SHUTDOWN or the last selected option.

When I am connecting the headphone to the jack, I can't hear the sound in the headphone. But if I Mute the speakers from the system tray icon, and to select
PLAYBACK DEVICES and then to go Recording Tab and then only I can hear the sound through the headphone. One of my friend told me that, solution may be available in vista service pack. As of now, all the updates were installed and I dont know whether I've downloaded Vista Service Pack 1 seperately. How could I know, whether vista in my laptop is with service pack 1. It is usually displaying in XP or versions before if we select Properties in My Computer. With my vista copy, it is showing onlly Vista Home premium.

Please help to find soultions for these.

Regards,

Sreeram :huh:
Where there is a will, there is a way

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:04 AM

Click on the control panel, then 'power options'. Then click on "Choose what the power buttons do". You need to configure your machine to shut down when you click that option.

I don't know if SP1 will fix the other problem, but you can click on the Programs and Features (thru' control panel), then click on "View Installed Updates", in the left panel to see if it was installed automatically...which I doubt it was.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 Sreeram

Sreeram
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 01:15 PM

Click on the control panel, then 'power options'. Then click on "Choose what the power buttons do". You need to configure your machine to shut down when you click that option.

I don't know if SP1 will fix the other problem, but you can click on the Programs and Features (thru' control panel), then click on "View Installed Updates", in the left panel to see if it was installed automatically...which I doubt it was.

No. It is not from the power options. It is happening when I am want to shutdown the pc means the default option appearing when I want to shutdown the PC.

For the audio problem, I dont know whether Vista SP1 will fix it but I really like to know how to solve the issue.

Rgs,

Sreeram :huh:
Where there is a will, there is a way

#4 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:55 AM

Posted 11 May 2008 - 03:19 PM

Look at this link and see if this is what you want to change your default option to do:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vis...s-to-shut-down/

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users