Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Diagnostic Traces And Drvmcdb ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 irroL4

irroL4

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 03 May 2008 - 11:36 PM

Every time I boot up my computer 2 black screens pop open automatically.
1 says .... Diagnostic Traces
the other says.... Drvm CDB
it says ... 2 shared driver Component

How do I stop it from coming up?? any help and or information is greatly appreciated!
Thanks

Lorri [/size][/size]

so sorry I neglected to mention...
I am running Windows XP

Edited by irroL4, 03 May 2008 - 11:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,714 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 12:57 AM

Hi irroL4, and welcome to BleepingComputer.

The drvmcdb.sys is part of a utility from Veritas Corporation which installs itself in the system tray to remind you to back up you files. This article has instructions for uninstalling this.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 irroL4

irroL4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:06 AM

I am not sure if this info is helpful at all but the 2 windows look like the COMMAND PROMPT windows.
I followed the instructions from the link that you suggested, but when I looked for the VERITAS , it wasn't listed.

#4 HIPPO1023

HIPPO1023

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 04:26 AM

To solve your problem, please access the link below:
http://www.delphifaq.com/faq/spyware_virus/f1553.shtml

#5 irroL4

irroL4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 09:11 PM

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I did try that but the files ...
ssdiag.exe
ssdiag.ini
were not listed anywhere.
In the System Config Utility there was something that I found that was strange though.
Attached File  utility.JPG   50.03KB   23 downloads
sorry about my "art" but I couldn't copy and paste it but this is what the "thing" that concerned me looked like. All of the other items listed there had an actual name down under the startup item column and command column. These three didn't. Could this be what I was looking for? or is it nothing to concern myself with?
Well ....Thanks again for your tips! If you know whether or not the Diagnostic Traces and the DrvmCDB windows aren't effecting my computer or the way it is working.... I mean... if it is nothing to worry about and basically just an annoyance, then I will let it be, but if there is a way to make it stop.... I'll try it :thumbsup:
Thanks again!
Lorri

#6 irroL4

irroL4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:13 PM

Well I tried evey suggestion with no luck! I was determined to fix this so somehow I came across Security- Task Manager (the link is below). and downloaded the trial version and ran it and ....It worked!! So I thought I would pass this info on to others.
Thank you to all of the suggestions given! I have added BleepingComputer to my favorites as this site is loaded with awesome suggestions and help! Thanks again!
Lorri

http://www.download.com/Security-Task-Mana...4-10246545.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users