Spybot and Ad-Aware proved slightly useful at best; same situation for my Symantec AntiVirus (Corporate Edition I believe? Was provided by my university). So I ran HijackThis, deleted BHOs that looked "fishy" (yeah, I'm not that knowledgeable, so maybe not the best of ideas, but I'm pretty certain none were "essential" BHOs). Eventually was led to ComboFix, which I have just run on my computer. Things seem to be running much better now, but I would like to be certain that I did not skip over any steps here or potentially leave any "openings" for future problems. I've got a ComboFix log as well as a HijackThis log, but I figure it'd be best to follow forum rules and just post the HijackThis one to start
Thanks for your time, whoever it is that comes to my case. This has been the bane of my computer existence for almost a week now, and I would love to see an end to it without having to resort to reformatting. And here's the logfile!