Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Urgent Help! Copied Images= Black Images In Photoshop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 EvanTheMagician

EvanTheMagician

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:33 PM

I have been copying images from FireFox into Photoshop CS3 and they end up with black around the image itself. This is only happening from certain sites not all. Below are some pictures as to what is happening. Please help me solve this problem as soon as possible. Thanks! Note: I am just using a random picture for the example.

Posted Image

Copying any image (without a background, I guess) gets me the below result in PS.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Matthew Hailwood

Matthew Hailwood

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:28 AM

hi there, these images have transparency on them to preserve that you must right click save as... and then open it from your computer

#3 dark messenger

dark messenger

• Members
  • 1,741 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 05:45 AM

Make sure its file you save as is .gif or .png :thumbsup:

#4 splodge

splodge

• Banned
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:13 AM

for whatever reason .gifs with transparency/alpha layers always leave a "fringe", always save as .png, if you are looking for images on the interweb type .png after your search query if you want a true transparency/alpha backgrounds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users