Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Turned Off; Won't Turn Back On

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shiftymm

shiftymm

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 AM

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:18 PM

Hi, I have a problem with my computer, and I hope someone out there in the Internets will help me. I was in the middle of playing Diablo II when the computer suddenly turned off. My monitor and speakers stayed on. I checked the surge protector and all cable connections and plugs. I tried turning the computer back on. The lights in the front light up, the familiar whirring noise begins, and then it just stops, about a second or two after starting. Lights off, no sound, dead. This happens every time I try to start the computer, even after 24 hours have passed. I even cleaned out the inside (which was pretty dusty but is now spotless). The computer (custom-built by a friend who cannot help me with this problem) still won't turn back on. I am very sad. I feel like my dog was hit by a car or something.

So is it the power supply? Should I just replace it?
Or could it be something else? Would I be wasting my money by assuming it's the power supply and replacing it needlessly?
Please help if you can, thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:44 PM

For safety reasons
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users