Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech Cordless Mouse(s) Not Working

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Computer Headache

Computer Headache

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:09 PM

Hello,

My mouse problem started on my old cordless mouse(Cordless Click! Optical Mouse).
And the problems are erratic mouse movement(would randomly move to any location on the screen), sluggish movement, right and left buttons would automatically engage without physical interaction.
I did every normal solution to fix the problem. Change batterys, plug the receiver in different USB ports, remove the SetPoint software and reinstalling it.
I even found a older software called MouseWare which I installed and didn't do diddly squat.
So I figured maybe its time for a new mouse.
I got new mouse(LX7 Cordless Optical Mouse) and the problem persisted with the same symptoms. But when I plug in an old corded logitech optical mouse everything works fine.

Computer Specs
Pentium® 4
CPU speed 2.60GHz
2.50 GB of RAM
If anything else is needed please ask.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 AM

Posted 03 May 2008 - 08:39 PM

Have you tried updating to this driver?
http://www.logitech.com/
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 wildchild2

wildchild2

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:25 PM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 07:35 AM

I have a Belkin cordless keyboard and mouse set and mine was doing what yours is. I couldn't fix it using Belkin software but I did find that MS Intellipoint software fixed it. It seems to work for most mice on any system.
You didn't say what OS you are using but the download for XP is here.
http://www.techspot.com/downloads/1423-mic...tellipoint.html
Posted Image

Custom Desktop,Intel Core2 Duo, GeForce 8400 Graphics,Vista Home, 2Gb ram, 160Gb & 250Gb Sata HDDs, Triple Monitors, Belkin keyboard and mouse, Avast Free, Compaq Laptop, Firefox browser, Thunderbird email, HP C5380 All-in-one Printer,Speedtouch Modem,Netgear Router, ADSL Broadband, Fuji Digital Camera.

#4 Computer Headache

Computer Headache
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:28 AM

Yes I did update the drivers(didn't do anything).
About MS Intellipoint which mouse do I pick? They give you a whole list to choose from.

Edited by Computer Headache, 04 May 2008 - 10:29 AM.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:00 AM

Try this link
http://www.microsoft.com/
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#6 Computer Headache

Computer Headache
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 01:37 PM

I have a Belkin cordless keyboard and mouse set and mine was doing what yours is. I couldn't fix it using Belkin software but I did find that MS Intellipoint software fixed it. It seems to work for most mice on any system.

Which type of mouse did you pick from the list when you were installing the software?

#7 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:34 PM

Just a stupid idea here, I had this same issue a couple times over (wireless keyboards, mice, video game controllers, tv remotes, Cordless phones) and one thing I discovered causing it was other wireless/radio signals from another source listed above or in really interesting cases my radio scanners, pagers, and HAMM or CB sidebands. The interferance source must be really close (like right beside the unit) or really powerful (like an emergency services broadcast tower or radio).
Most times today IR and radio frequency transmitters and receivers are well shielded from interference but it is always a possibility

Posted Image

#8 Computer Headache

Computer Headache
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 11:45 PM

No broadcast towers for miles around. Could a HAM operator have a powerful transmitter set up? Isn't there a power limit that HAM's need to follow?

#9 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 12:03 AM

for a HAM radio to make it act up it would have to be in the same room or very close together. Most times its cordless phones or remote controls.

Posted Image

#10 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:06 AM

Did you read what got this one to work?
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/144618/mouse-not-working/
Mark
Posted Image

#11 Computer Headache

Computer Headache
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 10:05 PM

I tried Intellipoint. The sluggish movement and erratic behaver decreased notably but the mouse cursor seemed rather stiff and not the 1000 Dpi smoothness it was advertised as being.

#12 Computer Headache

Computer Headache
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 09 May 2008 - 11:49 PM

Posted Image
Is this how a 1000 Dpi mouse should look like?
Also with the older corded mouse, should it even look like that?

Thanks for replys

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users