Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win 2000 Pro Login

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 davenetd

davenetd

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:53 AM

I hope that someon can be able to help me with this and I will explain the best that I can. Here it goes........

What I am doing.....
I'm accessing a PC remotely with WEBEX to work on a network to change some things. The PC that I am accessing the network through (the one I am WEBEXing into and will call it X for this topic) is running Windows 2000 Pro. When making some of the cahnges necessary, I sometimes have to reboot X so that these changes will take place (I understand that you are not supposed to have to reboot on newer OS', but you do).

My problem.....
When I reboot X from a remote location it goes directly to a sign on screen, thus not kicking Webex off and allowing me to get back in and keep working. I need X to skip this step and go straight to the desktop and Kick my Webex session off again so that I can continue to work. I can handle the part of kicking off webex after the reboot, but what I can't seem to get around is the login screen.

My needs (like above).....
I want windows to skip the login process and go straight to the desktop when it is restarted. If this is possible on Win 2000 Pro, can you also tell me if it will continue to run programs in the startup if there is no login.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

DaveNETD
:thumbsup:
Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 davenetd

davenetd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:03 PM

This is so simple, I can't believe I made it a topic. Please don't bother responding if you look at this, but if anyone is looking for this answer here it is.....

goto control panel
click on usernames and passwords
clear out......... users must enter a un and pw to use this computer

it will prompt you for an admin un and pw that will be used every time the comkputer is restarted. You change it back by just putting the check mark back in the box under usernames and passwords.

DaveNETD
Posted Image

#3 LoLucky

LoLucky

• Members
  • 331 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 28 March 2005 - 12:53 PM

This is fairly Easy to do in Registry. Without removing all users.
Note: The Password will be written in Plain Text that anyone could view.

Start > Run > Regedit
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon from here you will see a string Value for your DefaultUserName check to see if this is correct
Now goto Edit > New > String Value > Type DefaultPassword > Press Enter
Double Click on DefaultPassword Change Value data to be the password for the account you are trying to logon Press OK button
Now you need to set AutoAdminLogon to the value of 1
Close Regedit Reboot Machine It should automatically Login.

Note2: If you ever do need to use a different Logon you hold Down Shift as you reboot this will disable it till you set AutoAdminLogon again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users