Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Registry

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Simon

Simon

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 28 March 2005 - 09:43 AM

I was running a "Panda Active Scan on my windows XP pc and the screen went blue then black and I have been unable to restart with the original hard disk. I get a blue screen that tells me I have a corrupt registry. I have managed to restart using a spare hard disk, but I cannot get access to my files on the original disk (access denied). does anyone have any answers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Simon

Simon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:03 PM

still cant solve the registry problem but found out how to access the access denied files. if anyone needs to do this here we go:

start windows XP in safe mode. it must be in safe mode to be able to gain security settings access.

log on as an adminastrator.

all you have to do is go onto the properties of the folder you want to gain access to. by right clicking it and selecting properties. and uncheck the read only box.

click the security tab at which point it should tell you that you cannot gain acces to the folder no matter what you do HOW WRONG IT IS :thumbsup:

clcik advanced and go onto the owner settings, again you have to click the advanced button. select find users in the search box and click on youurself.

after clicking OK click the checkbox on the bottom of the owner tab on the advanced security option box. at this point you will gain access to everything and it will all belong to you! :flowers:

btw i did all this moved all my files then reformatted my hard disk. so remember ALLWAYS BACK UP THE REGISTRY.

#3 TEB

TEB

• Banned
  • 449 posts
  •  

Posted 28 March 2005 - 03:16 PM

With my expirience...........when you corrupt registry errors, reformat

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users