Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Usb Drivers Keep Crashing My Computer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:09 AM

Hi Folks,

Plain and simple, Windows crashes a lot because the USB drivers keep failing. I would like some tips or advice to help me out. A new motherboard has been put into the computer recently due to the graphics card dieing. I am really getting annoyed with my laptop.

ASUS Z92T.

Cheers.
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:32 PM

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:42 AM

Were the drivers for the motherboard installed after you reinstalled Windows?
Are there any red x's or yellow !'s in your Device Manager? (go to Start...Run...and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter)
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:02 AM

No there are no problems at all. I have re-installed Windows Recently. Even then they where still failing me. It's a pain in the butt, I am busy working and it would just crash. It does not happen all the time but when it does I get so angry with the machine. It's a great laptop but that is the only let down. Do you think it could be the OEM version of Windows I got with the computer?

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 08:10 AM

What is telling you that the USB drivers are failing? This could be many different problems depending on how the "failure" is being identified.

Did you restore using the Asus restore disks, or did you use another copy of XP?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:16 PM

Restore Discs.

Problem caused by Device Driver

You received this message because a device driver installed on your computer caused Windows to stop unexpectedly. This type of error is referred to as a "stop error." A stop error requires you to restart your computer.

More information

Problem report summary

Problem type

Windows stop error (a message appears on a blue screen with error code information)

Solution available?

No

What does this problem mean?

Windows has encountered a problem it cannot recover from and it needs to be restarted

Cause

Unknown

Computer symptoms

A message appears on a blue screen with error code information (for example: 0x0000001E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED)

Additional steps for you to take

Please continue to send problem reports so analysts at Microsoft can study and try to correct the problem as quickly as possible

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:07 AM

What are the numbers from the Windows STOP error? Does it cite the USB driver filename in the error message? If so, what is that filename?
More info on finding this stuff is in this post: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/top...tml#entry409491

#7 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 02:20 AM

BCCode : fe BCP1 : 00000005 BCP2 : 8A52F0E0 BCP3 : 10DE026D
BCP4 : 89BEC180 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I also have installed Windows XP SP3.

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2008 - 06:09 AM

The error message from Windbg for BCCode : fe BCP1 : 00000005

A hardware failure has occurred due to a bad physical address found in a hardware data structure. This is not due to a driver bug.

Did this occur before you installed Service Pack 3 - or after? If it was after, I'd uninstall SP3 to see what happens. If it was before SP3, then I'd have to suspect a hardware failure (unless you weren't up-to-date on Windows Updates).

#9 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  

Posted 24 May 2008 - 12:14 AM

It very rarely does it now ever since I installed Windows XP SP3. I have had the motherboard replaced not long ago and the other motherboard did the samething.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users