Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Now I Have A Worm & Still Have An Infected Java Cache

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 suzeser

suzeser

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:30 AM

Posted 02 May 2008 - 06:57 PM

I ran the kaspersky scan & it says I still have an infected java cache. I ran the ATF cleaner & it didn't remove it.

Now I see I have a Worm.win32.bymer issue after tryng to download a scanner driver from the Windows website.

What can I do???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 AM

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:03 PM

Welcome to Bleeping Computer

Step #1

To Clear the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) cache, do this:
  • Click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
  • Double-click the Java icon.
    -The Java Control Panel appears.
  • Click "Settings" under Temporary Internet Files.
    -The Temporary Files Settings dialog box appears.
  • Click "Delete Files".
    -The Delete Temporary Files dialog box appears.
    -There are three options on this window to clear the cache.
    • Delete Files
    • View Applications
    • View Applets
  • Click "OK" on Delete Temporary Files window.
    -Note: This deletes all the Downloaded Applications and Applets from the cache.
  • Click "OK" on Temporary Files Settings window.
  • Close the Java Control Panel.
You can also view these instructions along with screenshots here.

Step #2

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from Here or Here

Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
  • Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
  • The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
  • The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
  • Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
Extra Note:
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.

Step #3

Please follow the steps below so we can make sure you're cleaned properly:

Download HijackThis™ here:
http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/th.../hijackthis.php

Click 'Do a System Scan and Save log'. The HJT log will open in notepad. Don't try to fix anything yourself.

Copy and paste the contents of the HJT log into a NEW TOPIC in "HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal"
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

Also include a link to this topic. Please be patient as our HJT team members work on serveral forums.

Also you can read the Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log

Posted Image
Unified Network of Instructors and Trained Eliminators

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#3 suzeser

suzeser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:12 PM

I"ve run Step #1 before, it didn't clean it. Also, when I go to Java to delete the files, it only brings up one choice, and this is to delete trace and log files. Applications and Applets is another choice, but it is in gray, not an available option.

Any other ideas on how to get rid of the stuff in java??? I came to bleeping computers before and someone suggested running ATF cleaner, which was suppose to clean out the Java cache, Well, it didn't clean it either.

I already have malware bytes downloaded and ran it about a week ago. I'll try it again in the morning.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• BC Advisor
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:42 PM

Have you tried ATF from safe mode and the manual empty from there
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#5 suzeser

suzeser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:46 AM

No I have not. I will try it now. Nope, didn't make a difference. Ran ATF cleaner, said nothing was cleaned. Still cannot access the applications and applets in Java. Also, I did update my java, so it is current.

I ran malware & it didn't find anything. I ran the hijack log & posted where you told me to post it.

Now what?

Edited by suzeser, 03 May 2008 - 09:48 AM.

#6 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2008 - 12:20 PM

Now what?

Wait for a HJT Team Member to reply to your HJT Log
Posted Image

Posted Image

My help is always free, but if you can, please Posted Image to help me continue the fight against malware.

#7 suzeser

suzeser
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2008 - 02:32 PM

I can wait.........thanks for your help!

#8 SpySentinel

SpySentinel

• Staff Emeritus
  • 2,090 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2008 - 04:26 PM

I can wait.........thanks for your help!

You are very welcome! :thumbsup:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:30 AM

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:16 PM

now has an active log !!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/145096/i-think-i-have-a-driver-installion-worm-java-cache-issues/

#10 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Staff Emeritus
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:39 PM

Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

If after 5 days you still have received no response, then post a link to your HJT log in the thread titled "Haven't Had A Reply In Five Days?".

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users