Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Introduce Myself

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hchunter

hchunter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:05 AM

Hi All,

I would just like to introduce myself to everyone. I've been to this site a few times and really admire the community here and all of the content in the forums and the tutorials.

I'm a network administrator and software engineer by day. I also perform a lot of desktop support on the 30+ XP systems in our office. On the evenings and weekends I run a small computer repair business. I started it about a year and a half ago and and have done pretty well at it. I've been fixing computers for years and figured I should start charging for it.

I've discovered I'm the weakest at virus and spyware removal. I've always kept my systems clean (currently with Norton Internet Security 2008), so when I encountered systems that contained malware I came up short.

So, I figured this site would be a great place to educate myself. I set up a Virtual PC system a couple of weeks ago and infected it with all kinds of trojans and adware then proceeded to completely clean it up. HijackThis shows no sign of infection. I've asked to join the HijackThis Trainee program here, and sincerely hope I get accepted. I feel it would be a great way to keep my skills sharp and stay on top of the newest threats going around.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:52 AM

Welcome to BC!
Alas! malware is far more common than hardware problems, and ---unlike a broken hard drive---can exist on a computer without the owner even realising it. Learning to recognise malware and the best process to remove it will only benefit your customers even more.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users