Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Rules wizard in Outlook 2000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kevb8ll

kevb8ll

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 28 March 2005 - 05:56 AM

I'm picking up a lot of spam from my info at businessname mail address.

I've tried to set up a rules to delete them, without success. Just to say I'm successfully running other rules directing mail by subject / content into approriate folders.

I have two accounts being fed into my inbox. The filter seems to work on one account, but not the info account.

Has anyone got any ideas?

i'm running xp home sp1.

Kev
I don't do silly signature things - not since my Karma ran over my Dogma!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 29 March 2005 - 07:54 PM

Do you have the rules specified to monitor both accounts email? What is the exact rule you have.

#3 kevb8ll

kevb8ll
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 30 March 2005 - 02:42 AM

Hi

The rule is set on key words in the body.

When I add a new word to the list, (all around the medications), and try to "run now" the filter doesn't work.

I've got a working filter for ebay, but those come in on one account. How do you ensure it is checking both account?

In the past I've had another rule which worked, but I do remember deleting by mistake and when I put it back in - that wouldn't work either.

Is it possible that the senders are formating thier mail so filters don't pick them up?

Kev

Edited by kevb8ll, 30 March 2005 - 02:44 AM.

I don't do silly signature things - not since my Karma ran over my Dogma!

#4 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:13 AM

Posted 30 March 2005 - 10:12 AM

Yes its absolutely possible they are doing. They are able to encrypt or use obfuscating methods so that the text in the email is not actually the same as what you are seeing. Try sending yourself an email from a free service with the strings you are trying to capture in your filter and see if it works

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users