Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant View My Hotmail Account From Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 02 May 2008 - 05:25 AM

Hi,

Im having a problem configuring MS outlook express from where I want to view the contents of my hotmail account.Would it be possible to read in outlook the other email accounts I have just as how hotmail account is added?Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:17 AM

Are you certain that your Hotmail account supports POP E-mail?
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 02 May 2008 - 09:31 AM

If you have a premium (paid for) version on Hotmail, you should be able to configure OE to work with hotmail. If you have the standard Hotmail, you cannot use OE. Well, there is a program you can use to make the two work together. But considering that on June 30, Hotmail will be severing access to the Hotmail Inbox from Outlook Express And right now, I'm thinking the add on program may now work anymore. Hotmail is encouraging it's users to install and use Windows Live Mail if they want an email client to access mail.

You should have received a notice from the hotmail team about the change.

http://windowsitpro.com/article/articleid/...ok-express.html

Edited by Queen-Evie, 02 May 2008 - 09:34 AM.

#4 david28

david28

Forum Member

• Banned
  • 1,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:54 PM

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:01 PM

Doesn't work with Thunderbird either does it?

#5 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:45 AM

Thanks to all your replies.

John, can't figure out on how I can determine if my hotmail acct supports POP Email?What is POP Email?

Queen-Evie, Thanks for this news which I could have just possibly overlooked from inbox.
Sometime in november, I could remember I can freely access my hotmail account via OE.I used to configure my yahoo account and hotmail interchangeably to work with OE.However, only this past week I have seen some errors and no connection established from hotmail server.This could probably true.

Basically, what I was trying to do is to experience different functionalities OE offers like accessing several email accounts all at the same time, adding signatures to messages or customizing an email.Hope you can direct me to a tutorial site about this, thanks.

a.

./9I
.3.30000000R01I9

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Staff Emeritus
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:57 AM

Even if you get Hotmail to work OE, on June 30th the pipeline will be cut off.
You could give Windows Mail client a try. After reading your initial post, I decided to install WLM.
My hotmail account was automatically added to it, all of my messages, folders and address book.
I then set it up to work with my ISP account. The jury is still out on WLM vs. OE.
I do like being able to access both mail accounts from one place. My only complaints are that there is no way for me to keep my ISP and hotmail address books seperate and attachments take to long to open. For now, I'll keep using WLM for a while longer, with the option of going back to OE if I want to switch back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users