Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Gaobot AFJ

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Slammy

Slammy

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:27 PM

Hi all.....i was infected with the gaobot.AFJ virus. I removed it with norton AV, which was not up to date when i got this virus. Anyway....now i cannot reboot in safe mode, enable my windows xp firewall, AND.....it seems the WMI (windows managenent instruments) are now not working. Anyone else have these problems, or better yet, know how to fix them??? Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:40 PM

Posted 23 July 2004 - 09:33 PM

Hi Slammy,
I'm sorry your HijackThis threads haven't been answered yet but it takes some time and we ask that you be patient with us. You still have some malware of some type on your system and that needs to be dealt with in the HijackThis Forum. Please don't start new topics until yours is answered. If you have been waiting more than a day, open the thread and type in "bump". That will put your post at the top of the list. Someone will get to you as soon as possible.
This is the thread you need to watch:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...wtopic=1445&hl=

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users