Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My bleeping pictures

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snow scorpion

snow scorpion

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 28 March 2005 - 03:48 AM

How do I get to see a full size version of a picture - any picture - in My Pictures?

I don't want to see a filmstrip.

I don't want to order prints.

I don't want to print the pictures.

I just want to double-click on the thumbnails and see the full-size version of the damn pictures!

Will someone please tell me what to do before I go find a gun and kill every bleep who works at Microsoft? Why do they have to make everything so godammed difficult? :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:36 AM

The short answer is you dont. My Pictures is a folder and the options provided are to allow you to view the folder contents, i.e. a list, in different ways. (with the exception of order prints which I don't understand)
To view images in a controlled manner (i.e. not a slideshow) you must have the images associated with some form of photo viewing software sometimes referred to as image manipulation software or graphics software. If there is no image manip software on your system windows will usually open the images with Internet Explorer when you double click on it.
You get cheap versions of this software included with scanners or digital cameras or it can be purchased as a commercial product. Examples would be PhotoShop, Paintshop Pro, The GIMP, and dozens of others.
Check your Add/Remove Programs list to see if you have any photo software installed. If you do it may be a file association problem. If you do not then try installing IrfanView which is free from http://www.irfanview.com/
Once installed, when you double click on an image from My Pictures it will open in IrfanView and you can make it as large as you like.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:55 AM

Posted 28 March 2005 - 07:27 AM

Hi snow scorpion. This may or may not work with your OS. It is an option with Win ME. Which is what I have. But I thought I would throw it out there.

When in your My Pictures folder.
Right click on a thumbnail.

> Open With

> Place your cursor on Open With

>Image Preview may now show.

> Left click on Image Preview

> Image will now open to full size.

If Image Preview is not showing. Try this.

> Right Click on image

> Place cursor on Open With

> Look for Choose Program

> Left click on that

> A box titled Open With will now open.

(On my system. It takes a little while. Lol )

> Scroll down through the choices. See if Image Preview is a choice.

> Left click

> It will now open to full size.

BTW I also do not under stand the part concerning this

This makes me think that you may be in a Commercial Image Program.
So check this out, to see if there may be some photo software installed on your computer.

Check your Add/Remove Programs list to see if you have any photo software installed. If you do it may be a file association problem.

I do have the option to View Slideshow within My Pictures folder. But again, I have Win. ME.

And Rimmer's suggestion of installing InfranView is a good one. I have it myself. It allows one to do many things. Some of which I do not even understand myself yet. :thumbsup:

Edited by scarlett, 28 March 2005 - 07:32 AM.

Posted Image

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 28 March 2005 - 06:42 PM

Scarlett - FYI

BTW I also do not under stand the part concerning this

These are special, folder specific options, in Windows XP, that come up in the LH pane when you open 'My Documents\My Pictures'. They are called "Picture Tasks". The choices are:
*View a slideshow
*Order Prints online
*Print Pictures
*Copy all items to a CD

I'm assuming that's what snow scorpion is referring to. What would happen if I tried to order prints online (would they come from Kansas?) I can't imagine.:thumbsup: Maybe I should try?

Snow Scorpion - when I try what Scarlett suggested after right clicking a thubnail there is a Preview option. If I select that option the image opens to a pretty good size in the "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" which I didn't even know existed. :flowers: Perhaps that will do the job?

Edited by Rimmer, 28 March 2005 - 06:56 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users