Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Dhcp Ip Address Lease Denied?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Viciousf

Viciousf

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:55 PM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:51 PM

Ok, I've read the rules, had a quick search for some of my keywords and seems well for me to post.

I have just installed a new graphics card, soon thereafter I started getting problems with art programs and if I opened several pictures at once across any browser (I think, although I was mainly using firefox). Of course recapping what I had done I realised that I had not uninstalled the old card, long story short I uninstalled it, got the new one reinstalled and the browser problems stopped, or so I thought.

I quickly noticed that the Art programs still didnt work, and (although less frequently) the browsers still expierence some problems.

The Error symptoms are: Computer freezes, no access to anything, Mouse doesnt move and After afew clicks the computer will beep at me, On the art programs about 2/3rds of the image will Flash, or turn black entirely about every 4 seconds.

Annnnd the error log says:

"The ip address lease "ip" for the network Card with network address "network address" has been
&#000a;denied by the Dhcp server "similar ip" (the DHCP server sent a DHCPNACK message),
"

So, I think thats about where I stand. Soon after this I realised that every time this happened I was in fact online. (should have noticed earlier).

Im on a dynamic ip and using a linksys router (aren't I the fool), and thats about everything I think I can give you information wise. If anyone can help It would be much appreciated (e.g. I will worship you). If this topic has already been answered elsewhere in the forums please feel free to link me and call me a noob for not finding it. ;)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:12 PM

This is strange, what kind of card did you pull?

pci/agp/pci-e

what kind did you add?

the more details the better
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Viciousf

Viciousf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2008 - 09:21 AM

The card I pulled was a 7300 and the one I added was a 9600gt, both are pci-e. The problem is with the card, it broke again when I was offline and didn't add anything to the error log. So, yeah. Odd.

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:55 PM

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:11 AM

Can you go into bios and look at your voltages there?

I would suspect the power supply first, but there are several other things like drivers that can break or conflict and cause all kinds of strange problems?
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,752 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:55 PM

Posted 03 May 2008 - 10:30 AM

If this is the GeForce 9600gt, Part Number: 512-P3-N862-AR, they suggest a minimum of a 400W PSU with 26amps on the 12V rail. If your PSU isn't up to this it could cause these problems.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 Viciousf

Viciousf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 03 May 2008 - 03:34 PM

:thumbsup: :cool: Excuse the expression. But...

Buggeration!! >.< I knew I was running on a fairly minimal power supply for what I had, but I never checked the minimum power. Gaah, it all makes so much sense now. Well, It's fantastic to actually Know what the problem is... Not fantastic to know I'm gonna need a new case with a bit more oomph. :trumpet: Wow, considering I knew I didnt have a lot youd think I could have put two and two together. Aw well...

Thanks guy's, I believe I owe you for this. :flowers: *bows* thankyou thankyou thankyou! :inlove:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users