Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hiya

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 photocomp

photocomp

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:55 PM

Hello Bleeping computer community, I am a professional photographer whose computer is really screwed up. I've been putting this off forever!

I'd like to learn how to fix things myelf instead of constantly asking for favors from my programmer friends. My buddy told me to try using combo-fix. I googled that and it lead me here. I almost through the process, but can anyone tell where i'm supposed to post my cobo-fix log?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 photocomp

photocomp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:43 AM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:57 PM

Oh wait. I probably wasnt supposed to post that question here. Sorry!

#3 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 07:12 PM

I have moved your post in the HJT Forum (since it did not contain a HJT log) to the Am I Infected Forum, which is probably the best place to start the entire process. Before posting a Combofix log, it would be best to describe as precisely as possible what is happening to your computer, why you think you have malware, and the exact wording of any error messages you are receiving by either editing your original post, or by making a reply to it.
Often, our Members can suggest a simpler and more direct method of getting rid of the malware once identified.
Welcome to BC!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#4 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:43 PM

Posted 02 May 2008 - 02:08 PM

. My buddy told me to try using combo-fix. I googled that and it lead me here. I almost through the process, but can anyone tell where i'm supposed to post my cobo-fix log?

I know yu have posted for help ON this in the main section of the forum , but I guess your programmer friend kinda 'neglected' to read the combofix warnings about running said program unless so instructed by a Malaware expert......and I must confess a google search for it does produce results that sadly have folks running it outside OF HJT threads ............ VERY unwise ...........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users