Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Make Pc Game Portable

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 pcmaddeanp

pcmaddeanp

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 12:15 PM

Hey,

How can I make a PC Game Portable?
For playing Rainbow Six Vegas 2 at school or college.

Thanks

pcmaddeanp

Server Room Geek - IT Professionals Community

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:09 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by "portable." So you mean to make your PC game run on, for example, a Nintendo DS (hard, if not impossible)? Or simply to be able to have the game on multiple computers?

#3 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 11:22 PM

Or maybe you mean putting it on a flash key or something to just run on at a random computer?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#4 pcmaddeanp

pcmaddeanp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 03:38 AM

putting it on a flash key or something to just run on at a random computer?

Yep! That's exactly what I mean :thumbsup:

So... how do I do it?

Thanks

EDIT: posted it 2 times accidently and add 'how do i do it?'

Edited by pcmaddeanp, 04 May 2008 - 03:40 AM.

pcmaddeanp

#5 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 04 May 2008 - 02:41 PM

I guess it would depend on the size of the game. The first issue would most likely be size issue. You have to have a game small enough to fit on a flash key. Or have the money to buy a flash key with enough memory. They can range from 128MB's to about 64GB ( Once you start getting into 16GB and more it'll cost a pretty damn penny )

But if you have a flash key that's big enough for whatever game it should be pretty easy, just when choosing where to install the game choose the flash key.

Most game need the CD to play, if you own the game you can just replace the .exe with a No-CD.exe from GameCopyWorld. Or you could bring the CD along with the flash key to whever you want to play the game. ( i.e, School, public place, friends house, )
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.

#6 pcmaddeanp

pcmaddeanp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:30 AM

Thanks!

I knew that there would be a size issue, but I have a 250Gb Portable Maxtor HDD to take to college as I am doing an IT course xD

I can't find a link to the download of the no-CD that you were talking about. When I click the link you gave me, it shows up with different mirrors. I click on Europe (as that's were I live!), and a different site appears. I have looked and I cannot find where to download this no-CD program you were talking about.

pcmaddeanp

#7 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 07:29 AM

It works for me, even when I use the Europe link. You choose a mirror, then click enter at the bottom. It's a bit of a cluttered screen but on the right collum there it'll say PC with Game index under it.

You then have to find your game, find out what version you have and download a No-cd.exe and replace the original .exe in I guess your portable HD.

#8 pcmaddeanp

pcmaddeanp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 01:13 PM

Oh I see. Thanks!

There's no viruses involved now are there? Because, you know schools and their antivirus systems!

Thanks for your help! :thumbsup:

pcmaddeanp

#9 protozero

protozero

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  

Posted 05 May 2008 - 08:22 PM

I don't believe they have virus's? I could be wrong but I don't think I've gotten any rotten files off there. You can get trainers from their to. ( A little program that will just change a few values in the game, ie, health, ammo, weapons, cheats in general )

#10 pcmaddeanp

pcmaddeanp
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 147 posts
  •  

Posted 08 May 2008 - 10:52 AM

Wow OK.

Thanks for your help!

pcmaddeanp