Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spybot Search And Destroy

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Neerdygeeek

Neerdygeeek

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 AM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:31 AM

Hey all,

I kept having an issue with Spybot that was directly attributed to the total amount of infections I had. On my first attempt I had this total collection

Virtumonde
Virtumonde.dll
AdRevolver
BFast
BurstMedia
CasaleMedia
Commission Junction
Double Click
FastClick
HitBox
HitsLink
LinkSynergy
Media Plex
Right Media
SexList
Statcounter
Value Click
Webtrends Live
Zedo

I believe I had multiple infections in my physical memory that would not allow me to "disinfect" Spybot or Adware, both crashed at every attempt. One thing that helped reduce some of the stress on my system when using Spybot was removing each infections one at a time as opposed to all at once. God willing, no one else will have this much of a mess but just in case, that helped me immensely.

In addition, it took a wide variety of programs to get my system working again. Don't give up

:thumbsup:
Be well
NG

Edited by Neerdygeeek, 01 May 2008 - 08:33 AM.

I am a robot...*BEEP* *BEEP*
Rub some dirt on it!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 01:00 PM

what other protection programs do you have on baord and what other programs have you run to see if you are now 'clean'?

#3 Neerdygeeek

Neerdygeeek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:33 PM

I have McAfee for my main anti-virus.
I had to to scan my intial 600 infections from one of my other computers on my home network.
I was then able to load SDfix from safe mode and cleared out KSXDLL and BSQRMTBB
then I was able to use log A-squard and Norman.
then cwshredder
then MBAM which really opened me for for Spybot,
after Spybot I was able to use Adware.
Finally I was able to get back into Trend Micro Housecall, which I believe got the last.

I used A-squard to delete a huge portion of my registry infections and of course Hijack This.

:thumbsup:
Rub some dirt on it!

#4 Neerdygeeek

Neerdygeeek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:36 PM

I know it sounds ridiculous!
Rub some dirt on it!

#5 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:19 PM

I know it sounds ridiculous!

??? WHAT DOES?

I for one am curious to know what YOU did with the HJT tool?

#6 Neerdygeeek

Neerdygeeek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:38 PM

The total amount of infections at had
Rub some dirt on it!

#7 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2008 - 10:50 AM

The total amount of infections at had

so begs the question of what you use your computer for and what you have programs wise on it

we know you are in the Study Hall but to find one's computer infected is, I suggest, a concern

#8 Neerdygeeek

Neerdygeeek
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:18 PM

I joined study hall because of my infections, I wanted to learn how to combat them :thumbsup:

My massive infestation was a result of executing a program that I thought was a crack for MS Office 2003, a program which I own but couldn't find the key for. You see I was deploying to the Middle East for 11 months and my wife needed Excel for her new job. It was exactly one hour before I had to be on the airplane when it happened and I had no opportunity to fix it until last week. I have no doubt that I might have had some adware/spyware before this happened but I know it was this program I downloaded that caused the mass infection. Thats how I ended up here and in the trainee program, no need for concern. :flowers:

Be Well,
NG
Rub some dirt on it!

#9 ruby1

ruby1

a forum member

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:40 PM

My massive infestation was a result of executing a program that I thought was a crack for MS Office 2003,

so, one assumes you have learnt FROM that 'lesson' and have checked the computer over and have removed any and all programs that may BE 'crack' ; as you have hopefully discovered, any 'crack ' on a computer can and will if given a chance, cause immense problems including crashing a computer and rendering it inoperative

IN study Hall you will learn about these things and the WHY one should NOT have them on board ; IF you do progress TO dealing with live logs you will doubtless face the mess from others who HAVE also got 'crack' applications on their computers

PS ; one assumes you have turned system restore OFF ,rebooted and turned it on again to flush OUT the restore facility of any nasty hiding there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users