Hello,the first instructions are from Hotbars website...
To remove Hotbar from your computer, please do the following:
Close all open applications/programs/windows
Go to: Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add\Remove Programs
Click on "Hotbar Browser and Wowpapers Tools"
Click Change/Remove button
Check the components you wish to remove, click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
Restart your computer
If you have an older version of Hotbar you may find 2 Hotbar components under Add\Remove Programs:
Hotbar Outlook Tools
Hotbar Browser, Weather and Wowpapers Tools
Remove the components by clicking the Change/Remove button and follow on-screen instructions.
Alternatively, you can use our uninstaller:
Click on the following link - http://client.hotbar.com/downloads/Uninsta...Uninstaller.exe
Click Run and follow on-screen instructions
Restart your computer.
If no joy please run..
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts. Click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on Download_mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
- MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
- On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Acan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
- Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to restart your computer. (see Note below)
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.