Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot Open C Or D Drives

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Brod

Brod

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:35 PM

When i tring to open my C or D drive through My Computer a box opens asking me which program i would like to open it with (eg; Firefox, iTunes, internet explorer...).
When i try right clicking instead of giving my the options of open or explore it is written in gibberish. I have found that i can open the c and d drives by right clicking on the start bar and choosing explore but i am then given a message saying:

"System Error!

Your system is infected with dangerous virus!
Note: Strongly recommend to install antispyware program to clean your system and avoid total crashor your computer!

Click OK to download the antispayware. (Recommended)"

And with the options of OK or Cancel (this is exactly how the message reads not a typo by me.)

I have tryed scanning using ad-aware 2007 but found no problems and i also used avast bootscan with no luck.

I have Windows XP Home edition. Sorry if this is not enough information as i don't know that much about computers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 30 April 2008 - 11:55 PM

Try running SmitFraudFix.

Follow it up with a full system scan (in Normal Mode) with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users