Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Websites Won't Load Eg Google Possible Malware?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chibisama

chibisama

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:18 PM

Hi, I'm at the end of my rope with this problem, hopefully you can help.

3 days ago I suddenly couldn't access websites that I often frequent. I would click the link and it would begin to load but nothing loads. At the bottom of the screen it just constantly display "waiting for (website)...". Also I can acess google.com but the moment I do a search it also brings up "waiting for google.com".
The weird thing is I can acess other websites that I use less often such as AT&T and wellsfargo. I'm on a network and all the other computers work fine.

Within the last two days I've been seeing spyware ads for privacyconductor.com and antispywaremaster.com, antispywaredeluxe as well as antispywaresuite.

As a result Ive ran norton Internet security which removed trojan.horse and adware.purity scan but did not fix the issue
from there I googled ( on my phone) and saw posts about antispywaremaster and got spyhunter and scaned, only found wild tangent. No fix

I then ran adaware and found 365 spyware entires most of which were tracking cookies but it also found vitrumonde, which I used adaware to remove-no fix

I've since ran smitfeaud and vundofix the latter of which said it found two entries, no fix yet, I'm at the end of my sanity rope, please advise me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 30 April 2008 - 08:12 PM

Hi,

It looks like you have some rogue antispyware programs on board.

PrivacyConductor is a rogue privacy program that displays exaggerated warnings and labels legitimate programs as privacy risks. This type of rogue is aggressively advertised through misleading doorway web pages that emulate a program scanning your computer. These fake scans show that your computer has privacy issues even though there is no possible way that the web site could know this. Once PrivacyConductor is installed it will scan your computer and list exaggerated results that require you to purchase a license in order to fix them.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/malware-re...rivacyconductor

Whilst you wait further help from the malware experts check this article from the site: How to remove PrivacyConductor (Removal Instructions)

#3 chibisama

chibisama
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:42 PM

Posted 30 April 2008 - 10:16 PM

sorry one thing I forgot to add was that neither of these program show up in controlpanel under programs

I'm also running Vista and using firefox though ie revieves the same issue

Edited by chibisama, 30 April 2008 - 10:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users