Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Script Post And Potential Virus

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Beatriz Rodriguez

Beatriz Rodriguez

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 PM

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:39 PM

it all last week.

at first it was this background beeping noise when i visited certain webpages (myspace, hotmail).
then the pop-ups started. these pop-ups started as the regular pop-ups but now have turned to audio pop-ups only with the occasional ad pop-up.
then my internet started being slow (i have Verizon High Speed Wireless Internet), which is fast again now.
today, i started to get this windows script host when i restarted the computer. this is what it said:
Script: C:\Program Files\func.js
Line: 76
Char: 1
Error: The system cannot find the file specified.
Code: 80070002
Source: (null)
everytime i restart the computer, my norton antivirus tells me that it has blocked HTTP Quickbrowser Activity.

Is there anyway to fix the above problems? Do they stem from the same thing? Your help would be much appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,489 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:01 PM

Hello Beatriz Rodriguez and welcome.

What type PC is this XP, Vista etc...?
What Antivirus/spyware tools are installed?
Have you scanned from safe mode?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Beatriz Rodriguez

Beatriz Rodriguez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 10:51 AM

hey boopme
i have an XP
and the only antivirus protection i have installed is Norton Antivirus
yes i have run a scan in safe mode and the only thing is that it fixed tracking cookies but no other detections
i am going crazy!!! HELP!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users