Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Deskpan.dll

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:58 AM

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:57 PM

Hello all,

I was running through my autoruns and came across:

Display Panning CPL Extension File not found deskpan.dll

I looked it up and got:

Filename
Deskpan.dll
Processname Display Panning CPL
Author Microsoft
Part of Microsoft Windows Operating System
Associated with virus No viruses seems to be using this filename.
Associated with spyware/adware We haven't been able to locate any antispyware information concerning this file.
Description Deskpan.dll is associated with the Display Panning CPL Extension and used to change the way the picture is presented on screen.

Now is this important or not? Would this affect my resolution and or graphics card. Because I want to upgrade my graphics card because it just dosent seem to give me what I want. I also seen that there is some updates for the driver. Do you really think this would improve my performance or should I just get a new graphics card all together. Also would that fix the whole file not found deal?

swaMprUnner
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

Hi and welcome to Bleepingcomputer.

If I were you I would just get a new graphics card alltogether.
Here is some information on Graphics card: Graphics Card
Graphics Card

"Also would that fix the whole file not found deal?" what do you mean by "THAT" what are you refering to... I'm just not really clear on that.

Edited by extremeboy, 30 April 2008 - 04:16 PM.

Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#3 swaMprUnner

swaMprUnner
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:46 AM

Thanks for the links im looking in to that. I meant:
Display Panning CPL Extension File not found deskpan.dll
Do you think change the graphics card would replace deskpan.dll
I would rather be a little overkill with my computer. Than to have my computer be killed.

#4 extremeboy

extremeboy

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,975 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:47 PM

Hi,
I'm not quite sure... I'm sure someone will be able to help you very soon :thumbsup:
Note: Please do not PM me asking for help, instead please post it in the correct forum requesting for help. Help requests via the PM system will be ignored.

If I'm helping you and I don't reply within 48 hours please feel free to send me a PM.

The help you receive here is always free but if you wish to show your appreciation, you may wish to Posted Image.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 AM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:20 PM

http://www.paretologic.com/resources/paret...eskpan_dll.aspx

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users