Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"safe Mode"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 seanmorgan

seanmorgan

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:02 PM

ok this has really been bother me. im not very skilled with computers and everything.
but my problem is my computer is stuck on safe mode. its my olny choice. if i try to normally start up my computer it gets the the windows loading screen then everything just stop. its like it turned onto stand by mode with out me choosing to. a black screen and a keyboard that doesnt work. my computer doesnt play sound, let download anything

iv tried everything system restore (system restore acts useless in this case) and asking my smart friends they themselves have never seen anything like it. im pretty sure its a virus of some sort.

any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

See the following Bleeping Computer tutorial:

How to start Windows in Safe Mode

Scroll down to the section "Problems that can occur by forcing Safe Mode using the System Configuration Utility"
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 seanmorgan

seanmorgan
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:17 PM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:44 PM

forcing safe mode wasnt really my idea.
safe mode with net working is the only way i can still use my computer to some extent.
other wise if i start windows normally it does the stand by thing and i cant use my key board.

and the whole section that you listed about safe mode isnt the same as mine

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:17 AM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:35 PM

Try running the System File Checker (SFC) while in Safe Mode.

How to Use SFC.EXE to Repair System Files

Also, you could try running chkdsk on the hard drive.
  • Open "My Computer", RIGHT click on the C drive icon, choose "Properties".
  • When that loads, click on the "Tools" tab, then click on the "Check Now" button in the "Error Checking" section.
  • When that little window loads, place a CHECK in BOTH boxes, then click on "Start Now".
  • A message will pop up saying that Error Checking will run after you restart the computer, so......Restart the computer. Error Checking will run automatically after the restart and it locks you out from doing anything until it's finished. It takes a little time to perform the task but after it's finished, it will restart into Windows automatically.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users