Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tom cruise

tom cruise

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:37 AM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:38 PM

Hi! I have owned HP Pavilion dv6605 , it running window Vista. When I get into the chartroom and turned on my web cam , I will have a blue Screen and shut down automatically. I have contact to Hp, and they told me to install Chip Set and Bios . None of those working . Here is my diagnostics tells me when i got back on . Can anyone help me to solve this problem . thanks

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:09 PM

This error indicates that there's a problem with the hardware, not with the drivers

From the help files for Windows Debugging Tools:

Bug Check 0xFE: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
The BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER bug check has a value of 0x000000FE. This indicates that an error has occurred in a Universal Serial Bus (USB) driver.

Parameters
The four bug check parameters are displayed on the blue screen. Parameter 1 identifies the type of violation.

As parameter 1 in your error message is a 5 - here's what it says about that:

Parameter 1-Parameter 2-Parameter -Parameter 4-Cause of Error

0x5-----------Reserved----Reserved-----Reserved---A hardware failure has occurred due to a bad physical address found in a hardware data structure. This is not due to a driver bug.

If you're running your webcam using USB, I'd suggest trying another USB port (not the one next to it). If it still BSOD's on you, I'd have to suspect either the USB device, or a problem with the USB stuff on the motherboard.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 tom cruise

tom cruise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

Could you show me steps by step to solve this problem? :huh:

#4 Juha

Juha

• Members
  • 512 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:45 PM

Could you show me steps by step to solve this problem?

If you mean literally 'showing', that might be a little hard... and we might need a webcam!

Have you tried Usasma's first step: If you're running your webcam using USB, I'd suggest trying another USB port (not the one next to it)...
You haven't given a feedback.

#5 tom cruise

tom cruise
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2008 - 07:10 AM

I tried with the other USB ports , but it still has a blue screen problem.

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,090 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2008 - 06:00 AM

Are there any other USB devices connected to your system? If so, try disconnecting all of them.

If this fixes the problem, then it's one of the devices that's causing the problem.
If it doesn't, then it's likely that the problem is with your motherboard (presuming that the BIOS is updated and that the motherboard/chipset/CPU drivers are updated).
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users