Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Htpatch.exe From Out Of Nowhere

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Brine

Brine

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:59 AM

Over the last 3 weeks I started getting a message every time I boot up. IT says "htpatch.exe could not load (0r start). it could not find file winio.dll. Reoalding this could help" I have no idea why this started, or what the htpatch does. I searched my drives and could not find winio.dll. I downloaded it, but it is time bombed, and didn't do any good any way. I don't really know what I need to do with either of them. The pc is at least 5 years old. It doesn't appear to have affected performance in any way, with 1 possible exception.

My daughter uses i tunes to purchase and download music. About 3 weeks ago, it stopped working. I can access itunes, but when I try to download a song, it erors out. I get charged, but the music doesn't download. Apple has had me shut down virusware, firewalls, uninstall and reinstall itunes, go thru the MS config route, all with no improvement. I don't know if they could be related - probably a cooincidence.

Any suggestions an either problem would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 12:03 PM

I doubt they're related. You don't even need htpatch.exe
Description Here
winio.dll Description
Need to know the error message, word for word with the Itunes problem

To disable it at startup Download Autoruns

Edited by garmanma, 29 April 2008 - 12:10 PM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Brine

Brine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 AM

Posted 30 April 2008 - 06:38 AM

thanks for the reply. I'll post the itunes window when I get home. I've tired everything including uninstalling and rienstalling the software, ms config steps as outlined in their web site, shuting down windows firewall and my virusware, shifted from wireless to wired cable connection, all with no improvement. Apple won't get very deep into windows, so that is as far as they'll go. I had installed Firefox, but have since uninstalled it. I've run virus ware and spybot too to make sure it's clean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users