Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Setting Up A Wireless Home Network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yorkie

Yorkie

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:43 AM

Hi,

We have just set-up wireless broadband at home and all seems to be working OK.

I have an O2 wireless box II (router/modem) with 3 laptops connected via wireless to it, one of these laptops is running XP home and the other two are running Vista home. One of the Vista laptops has a printer connected to it.

I want to be able to access the printer connected to the Vista Laptop so I can print from the other two laptops (1 XP & 1 Vista).

How can I set this up?

I have seen the wireless network set-up wizard option but it looks like it sets up another separate network to the O2 broadband wireless network - so if this is the case would setting it up interfere with my O2 broadband wireless network?

Thanks for your time...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 01 May 2008 - 03:15 PM

Hey there, this is actually not all the difficult.

First go to the control panel on the vista laptop with the printer on it. In the "Network and Sharing Center" make sure printer sharing is on. Once that is done go back to the Control Panel and click on "Printers". Right click on the printer, go to propreties, then click on the sharing tab and then click on share this printer and give it a name (anything really as long as you know what it is). Then you are done on this computer.

Go on the other computers go to the control panel, printers, and click on add a printer. Follow the wizard, selecting network printer, and then it will search for printers that are shared on the network. Select the name of the printer you just shared, and continue the wizard. Once all this is done, go back to the printer menu and make sure it is selected as the default printer. There you go all set.

Last thing, if you want to print from another computer, the computer that the printer is hooked up to must be on to be able to print.

If you have any problems fell free to ask away and don't be shy to answer if it works.

Regards,
Klink

Edited by Klinkaroo, 01 May 2008 - 03:16 PM.

#3 Yorkie

Yorkie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 AM

Posted 04 May 2008 - 10:42 AM

Thanks, I followed your instructions and everything is working OK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users