Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Heavily Infected Please Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jacqui R

Jacqui R

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:58 AM

*sigh* Ive tried some things on my own to get rid of it - Super AntiSpyware, AVG scan, Spybot - and its still here and with a vengance. My computer is so bogged down it barely runs - popups everywhere.

Help please! I appreciate it ALOT :thumbsup:

ETA: I am running Windows XP and Internet Explorer 7

Edited by Jacqui R, 29 April 2008 - 08:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:25 AM

looking over your last 2 threads I would suggest getting an expert to do a thorough check and cleanup

there is an msn virus removal tool but you may have a lot more infections than what you think

http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/MsnVirRem.exe

be sure and give this page a quick read tho

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community...gmt/sm0504.mspx

and have hubby read it also
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

#3 Jacqui R

Jacqui R
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:33 AM

I had actually had a problem (similar) to this at one point - and I came to this site and found the self help section on Vundo and removed it all on my lonesome :thumbsup: But somehow I dont think Im finding that thread again LOL because I cant get this one right! And I know it involved running some things in safe mode and in a certain order. I did run that one like that you gave me and it said nothing found. I will read the second one right now. But if anyone know the sequence of running things Im speaking of, please share :flowers:

#4 DaChew

DaChew

Visiting Alien

• Members
  • 10,317 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:00 AM

malwarebytes antimalware and atf cleaner

SAS in safe mode F8 works best

MBAM in normal mode

ATF to do some quick cleaning before the scans

lots of rebooting, after you get your tools in a row try to disconnect from the internet and unload any protection that might interfer with the cleaning

it's getting a lot more complicated out there and fighting present infections takes some serious tools and work, the chances of not rebooting after a fix are increasing

read the link from microsoft
Chewy

No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users